GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

VW 0w20 oil info?

DiscusInferno

Go Kart Newbie
I prefer it meet and especially exceed it. Lots of anti corrosive, anti wear and a ton of cleaning agents in the packets. What’s not to love? It also flows really well and doesn’t gunk up emissions stuff as bad as other oils that don’t meet the standard.

sadly I can’t seem to find anything that is api sn plus certified that meets vw’s 508 spec. I know low speed preignition is a thing with all direct injection motors. Am I just being a worry wart?

What's not to love about diesel oil? High calcium which when superheated, causes LPSI

So you want a API SN+ AND like DexosD? That's contradictory. In order to get API SN+ the sulfated ash is 0.5% max AND have reduced levels of calcium (sulfonate) and increased levels of maganesium (sulfonate). Mobil 1 ESP X2 0w20 sulfated ash is 0.8%, so I can't meet API SN+ in that regard.

VW doesn't see LPSI as a concern, so you see high levels of Calcium in a VOA, with little Magnesium, so you're not going to see SN Plus with VW oils typically.

shortyb

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Felon Taxi,Dad Wagon
No it's not. It doesn't have an API license for SN+ or SN

It's just 508.00/509.00 and self rated to ACEA A1/B1

Motul's website that I linked shows it is API SN+. Of course that may be self-rated too as there is no way to know if they paid for the license, but there is no donut so probably not. Typical Motul practice.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Motul's website that I linked shows it is API SN+. Of course that may be self-rated too as there is no way to know if they paid for the license, but there is no donut so probably not. Typical Motul practice.
Amsoil self rated too. According to them they’ve been api sn plus certified way before it was even a certification

DiscusInferno

Go Kart Newbie
API does not allow self rating like ACEA.

You can search API's Engine Oil License database.
https://engineoil.api.org/Directory/EolcsSearch

Motul has 0w20 SN+ oil, but Specific 508/509 is not.