GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

"Volkswagen to cease all motorsport operations"

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
I assume this is just VW, not the VW group, right? Can't imagine Porsche, Bentley, Lamborghini, Bugatti or Ducati would be all that happy to comply with that. And what does VW race anyway, the TCR and anything else?

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Does this not bode well for the future of the GTI, R? It scares me...
I’ll tell u this. I had an ion redline. Instant tq on a fwd is terrible. I’d imagine an electric gti to be quite horrible on power too if it remains fwd.

Vw’s smartest move would be to axe the gti and r and somehow merge them into a single electric model.

either way. I don’t think we will have to worry about this for a long while. I hope.

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
I’ll tell u this. I had an ion redline. Instant tq on a fwd is terrible. I’d imagine an electric gti to be quite horrible on power too if it remains fwd.

Vw’s smartest move would be to axe the gti and r and somehow merge them into a single electric model.

either way. I don’t think we will have to worry about this for a long while. I hope.

Imagine a FWD Twin-scroll turbo with electric motors at the rear wheels. With the added weight of the motors and the battery, you could make a 50/50 split.

One can dream

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
We can keep handle it for them
gman2.JPG

Faceman

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'17 GSW 4Mo
I had a L67 powered Regal GS with 380lbs/ft to the tire under 3k RPMs. A 1.90 60' was a real feat for me, lol.