GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Volkswagen Racing Sport Springs

GTI.

E
Car(s)
07 GTI
What do you guys think about these?

Per the manufacturer, they're designed to work with the stock shocks & struts without beating them up too much.

VWR Sport Springs are specifically engineered to replace your factory springs with slightly shorter and stiffer springs. They are designed to lower your vehicle's center of gravity and reduce body roll for better handling all while maintaining the ride quality and comfort as if intended by the OEM. VWR found the current VAG OEM dampers are a much more sophisticated design than previous generations resulting in a worthwhile improvement in handling with little change. VWR painstakingly developed these springs to work perfectly with your OEM dampers and require no other changes to your suspension to take advantage of their benefits.

The VWR Sport Springs were developed for several VAG platforms all matching correctly to their respective OEM dampers, making this a very cost-effective modification. With different engines and vehicle weights, VWR has developed a range of springs specific to your vehicle and powertrain. These springs are fully compatible with Volkswagen's Switchable ACC (Adjustable Chassis Control) dampers.

A typical VWR Sport Spring customer is one who demands performance over stock without breaking the bank. These springs are not intended for customers looking to dramatically lower or track their vehicle. For those customers, VWR's full line of coilovers are available to suit your individual needs.

Reducing Ride Height and Increasing Spring Rate
Each vehicle will be lowered differently, depending on platform. Most vehicles see a 20-25mm reduction in front and rear ride height. These heights were chosen in order to preserve the wheel travel needed to keep the usability of the standard car, with an increase in spring rate of around 10-15% depending on the type of car. Lowering or stiffening further, as some springs do, in VWR's experience will cause the vehicle to bounce and lose damper control as the dampers are mismatched to the spring-rate and will also cause the springs to run out of wheel travel. You also risk reducing the life of your dampers significantly by choosing the wrong springs, which the VWR Sport Springs are guaranteed not to do.

A member over on VWVortex (and possibly here) has them and I gotta say, they look great. If they hold true to the claim of not killing the stock dampers very pre-maturely, then they certainly are a great option.

(member on VWVortex --> instenseal1)

What do you guys think?

Tyler Durden

Ready to race!
I just picked up a set today

Looks good, it would be interesting to see before and after pics of the Golf.

I don't think these are VWR, I believe the VW OEM springs are made by Eibach, however yours are clearly Mubea, A German company I believe.

VWR is not part of the Volkswagen Audio Group?

Last edited:

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
I think you will find the OP has a picture of genuine VWR springs as it states this on the spring.

However the poster "tarmacdaddy" has posted a picture of VW lowering springs which are NOT VWR springs!.....they do NOT have VWracing written on them. Also they have a VW part code on the box. VW racing springs do not have a VW part code.

Two different set of springs! Just look on VWR website which tells you all you need to know!

TarmacDaddy

Ready to race!
This was definitely my concern as well guys that these were bit VWR springs because it says it nowhere on the box. So I'm really confused and hesitant to install if they are not?

TarmacDaddy

Ready to race!
What concerns me about the springs I bought are that they say MKVII Lowering spring but not GTI

This brand of spring I believe is what VW uses on the R model now.

TarmacDaddy

Ready to race!
I think these part numbers are already outdated for VWR springs according to NGP racing
Part no. is VWRPA018 for GTI applications.

Part no. is VWRPA019 for Golf applications.