GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Volkswagen Golf VII gains 4Motion AWD [videos]

JJ-R32

Administrator
Staff member
Volkswagen has officially launched the 4Motion all-wheel drive system on the Golf VII.

Arriving just in time for winter, the system is described as one of "most modern and efficient" all-wheel drive systems in the world. It features an enhanced Haldex coupling which promises to react extremely fast regardless of the conditions.

The all-wheel drive system will initially be offered with two TDI engines. The 1.6-liter TDI produces 105 HP (77 kW) and 250 Nm (184 lb-ft) of torque. It enables the model to accelerate from 0-100 km/h in 11.5 seconds, hit a top speed of 187 km/h (116 mph) and average 4.5 L/100km (52.2 mpg US / 62.7 mpg UK).

Likewise, the 2.0-liter TDI engine develops 150 HP (110 kW) and 320 Nm (236 lb-ft) of torque. This allows the hatchback to run from 0-100 km/h in 8.6 seconds, top out at 211 km/h (131 mph) and average 4.7 L/100km (50 mpg US / 60 mpg UK).

The 4Motion all-wheel drive system is currently available and costs an additional €1,800.

.:KindiGTI

Go Kart Champion
Nice to see the 4motion on golfs. these driving scenes really show how B.E.A.Utiful the the MK7 Design is :D

man the MK7 is giving me the same excitement the MKV gave

i am so anticipating the GTI :rolleyes:

marvin1

Ready to race!
Nice to see the 4motion on golfs. these driving scenes really show how B.E.A.Utiful the the MK7 Design is :D

man the MK7 is giving me the same excitement the MKV gave

i am so anticipating the GTI :rolleyes:

I don't find the MK7's shape that inspiring to be honest with you. A line up of Golfs and Polos look very similar that is until you see the rear. The shape is too boxy. The trouble is, I haven't seen one yet in my favourite colour i.e.
Metallic Reflex Silver. Perhaps then I might take a shine to it.