GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Voice control activation - how much in UK and any good?

danielallen89

I
I've just got around to pressing the Infotainment VOICE button and was greeted with ' ... see your dealer for an activation code ..."

Can someone tell me please what the dealers in the UK are currently charging us for the activation code and, is it really worth it?

I've got Car-Net and App-Connect (using my iPhone SE) and they work fine.
I've not got around to using SIRI yet in App-Connect/Apple CarPlay

Leopold
I have retrofitted a MIB2 Pro unit in my 2014 and voice was activated by vagcom I believe.

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 3Dr GTi DSG CSG
I
I have retrofitted a MIB2 Pro unit in my 2014 and voice was activated by vagcom I believe.
Voice control CANNOT be activated with VCDS (vagcom), it is a SWaP item and can only be activated with the Factory service tool ODIS.

Finglonga

Drag Racing Champion
Had it on my last two cars and it is just a gimmick you use a couple of time then forget. I absolutelt would never pay for that feature.

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 3Dr GTi DSG CSG
Do you have CarPlay/android auto in your car? If so, when connected, the voice button on the steering wheel will activate Siri or google assistant with a long press, works great.

2018gti

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI Autobahn MT
What stopped me from ever using voice control again was that when you say "Call <person's name>", it just picks the first match of who it thinks you're referring to and just starts calling them. So two times now I have had my car start calling a person I had only had a short conversation with maybe 5-6 years ago ?

VAGocoder

Car(s)
R
Do you have CarPlay/android auto in your car? If so, when connected, the voice button on the steering wheel will activate Siri or google assistant with a long press, works great.

I have CarPlay but VOICE not active)

Attachments

• IMG_6127.JPG
    IMG_6127.JPG
    772.2 KB · Views: 553

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 3Dr GTi DSG CSG
I have CarPlay but VOICE not active)
When you have your phone connected to CarPlay press and hold the voice button to activate Siri, it works well in my opinion as it can do more than the VW voice control would, this works regardless of having the factory voice control activated or not, give it a go!