GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Voice Command Update - Discover Media

Dawson

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi,

I've got a GTI in Australia and Volkswagen have just released a software update that activates the voice command in the car, the frustrating thing is that they are selling it as an "accessory software update" and are charging over $400 at dealers to plug in an SD card or CD with the update. Does anyone know how or where to get the software update and do it yourself? I have a big problem with having to pay to activate something that is already in the car and should be activated from day one.

Cheers

Snaptag

Ready to race!
Hi,

I've got a GTI in Australia and Volkswagen have just released a software update that activates the voice command in the car, the frustrating thing is that they are selling it as an "accessory software update" and are charging over $400 at dealers to plug in an SD card or CD with the update. Does anyone know how or where to get the software update and do it yourself? I have a big problem with having to pay to activate something that is already in the car and should be activated from day one.

Cheers

I'm picking mine up in a few weeks. Better confirm they're installing it before pickup!