GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

vland mk7.5 Sequential taillight

mk7_2015

Car(s)
GTI 2015
I have a 2015 GTI, and I recently bought a pair of vland mk7,5 tailight. I was told it would work with plug and play. the taillight work as if it's stock but the amber turn signals dont work. I have seen some conflicting info online. some people said I need harness and coding, and some said only coding. the taillight connectors are compatible with stocks. Im wondering what do I actually need to get the amber turn signals to work? thanks

here is where i bought it from https://www.ebay.com/itm/184506827394?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

gixxerfool

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R
You will need to either:
A) get harnesses from Zero815 or ShopDap or the like
or
B) rewire your car
and code appropriately to get these to work.
Now, you said you have a Mk7 and bought a 7.5 light. The harnesses are different between the pre and facelift cars. As it sits you should be able to plug in the Vland lamp, but it won’t work correct. If you bought a facelift lamp, you won’t be able to plug them in. So double check that.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
You will need to either:
A) get harnesses from Zero815 or ShopDap or the like
or
B) rewire your car
and code appropriately to get these to work.
Now, you said you have a Mk7 and bought a 7.5 light. The harnesses are different between the pre and facelift cars. As it sits you should be able to plug in the Vland lamp, but it won’t work correct. If you bought a facelift lamp, you won’t be able to plug them in. So double check that.

Pretty sure he just means "MK7.5 Style" euro lights. Otherwise like you said, he wouldn't have been able to even plug them in.

I have a 2015 GTI, and I recently bought a pair of vland mk7,5 tailight. I was told it would work with plug and play. the taillight work as if it's stock but the amber turn signals dont work. I have seen some conflicting info online. some people said I need harness and coding, and some said only coding. the taillight connectors are compatible with stocks. Im wondering what do I actually need to get the amber turn signals to work? thanks

here is where i bought it from https://www.ebay.com/itm/184506827394?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

They're 'plug and play' in the regard that you can take the lights, plug them in, and they'll "work". But you need the harness and coding to get the full range of features, like the sequential tails. Think of it logically this way. With the sequential tail, it sweeps across both tail lights from the inside light to the outer light. For that to happen, the two physical lights need to be able to 'talk' to each other. For that to happen, you have to run a wire from each to the other. Without that, there is no way for a sequential turn signal, on any lights. Sequential turns require running wires, full stop.

This is the harness you need.

For coding, the easiest thing is there is one of those 'one-touch apps' that will work with OBD11. Costs like 100 points, which is only like $10 if you don't already have a bank of points. Well worth it to be done in 10 seconds if you ask me.

mk7_2015

Car(s)
GTI 2015
yes i think they are just 7.5 euro style aftermarket taillight because i was able to plug them in directly.
the pair i bought included a pair of yellow cables as well as shown in here
https://www.vland-official.com/prod...ential-led-tail-lights-2013-2019-yab-gef-2035
I tried also plugging in the yellow cables to connect the outer and inner lights, but still nothing happen so im guessing i need coding?

From OBD11, which coding version do I need? thanks it has been very helpful!

CaSeCa

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7
Hello,

I installed on my Golf MK7 the same model of aftermarket taillights that JR14 installed on his car. I notice in the images on EBAY that the connections are identical to mine. In the picture on site vland-official.com the connections are different from those on EBAY. You must connect the yellow cables between the left and right taillights correctly. I am convinced that you do not need a new wiring or coding. This video can help you review how cables are connected.

At 2:22 the cables can be seen in the box. It's something with yellow plugs in the bag.

The yellow cables you received will need to be installed in the same way as they are installed in this video. JR14 installed another type of cable because it upgraded from halogen taillights to LED taillights.

If it still doesn't work then you have to do coding and adapter harness. Unlike cars in europe all mk7 Golf models in North America need coding and adapter harness.

OBDEleven coding

1/ Select Central Electrics

2/ Select Security Access
Enter in the code - 31347

3/ Select Adaptation

(1)-Leuchte20BR LA71-Lasttyp 20 - New Value - 34 – LED Bremsleuchten

(5)-Leuchte20BR LA71-Lichtfunktion B 20 - New Value - not active

(8)-Leuchte20BR LA71-Lichtfunktion C 20 - New Value - not active

(1)-Leuchte21BR RC8-Lasttyp 21 - New Value - 34 – LED Bremsleuchten

(5)-Leuchte21BR RC8-Lichtfunktion B 21 – New Value - not active

(8)-Leuchte21BR RC8-Lichtfunktion C21 - New Value - not active

(1)-Leuchte23SL HLC10-Lasttyp23 - 33 – New Value - LED-Modul Blinkleuchten

(4)-Leuchte23SL HLC10-Lichtfunktion A 23 - New Value - not active

(8)-Leuchte23SL HLC10-Lichtfunktion C 23 - New Value - Blinken links Hellaphase

(10)-Leuchte23SL HLC10-Dimmwert CD 23 - New Value – 127

(1)-Leuchte24SL HRA65-Lasttyp 24 - New Value – 33 – LED-Modul Blinkleuchten

(4)-Leuchte24SL HRA65-Lichtfunktion A24 - New Value - not active

(8)-Leuchte24 SL HRA65-Lichtfunktion C 24 - New Value - Blinken rechts Hellaphase

(10)-Leuchte24SL HRA65-Dimmwert CD 24 - New Value – 127

(1)-Leuchte27NSL RC6-Lasttyp 27 - New Value - not active.

Last edited:

gixxerfool

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R
Coding is definitely needed. I installed Vlands myself. They come with 7 and 7.5 harnesses and the single yellow wire for the sequential turns. I used @ZERO815 guide for just relocating wires in the harnesses and adding a third wire. I didn’t use the plug and play harnesses.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I used the one touch app in OBD11 'DAP MK7.5 Tail Harness' without issue with that harness.

mk7_2015

Car(s)
GTI 2015
I used the one touch app in OBD11 'DAP MK7.5 Tail Harness' without issue with that harness.
I did the coding today with the Dap version but that did not work for me. the amber signals were working but the breaking light was always on on the driver side and always off on the passenger side.

I found the below coding instruction online also. it produced an almost working tail lights for me. the turn and break signals were working properly. the only thing that was not working was when i turned on the light at night, the amber lights were also on and the inner amber light kept flashing like in the video. is it possible to turn off the amber lights when the driving lights are on?

Attachments

• 219646630_843282009705856_9209952419463423797_n.jpg
    219646630_843282009705856_9209952419463423797_n.jpg
    274.5 KB · Views: 404

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
Anyone read the listing from VLAND site?

VLAND LED Taillights for Volkswagen Golf 7 MK7 MK7.5 2013-2019 (Not fit for Golf GTI|Golf R| Wagon|Halogen Models)​

I'm so confused lol. Do they work and connect up or not lol.​

mk7_2015

Car(s)
GTI 2015
they dont plug and play if your mk7 came with halogen taillight but they actually fit GTI

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
Coding is definitely needed. I installed Vlands myself. They come with 7 and 7.5 harnesses and the single yellow wire for the sequential turns. I used @ZERO815 guide for just relocating wires in the harnesses and adding a third wire. I didn’t use the plug and play harnesses.
Info on wire relocation and third wire please. I did search zero's posts and saw a diagram, but I couldnt tell where to pin what, and nothing on third wire.

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
TY !!

Reactions: Xta