GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

VLAND Mk7.5 Euro Tails install on NA 2019 Golf R - help suggestions ***SOLVED***

DoopDeeDoop

Car(s)
MK7.5 Golf R
I have gone through every coding instruction that exists in every forum and youtube video and havent been able to get the sequential turn signals to work. My tail lights are vland branded replicas and I know the functionality works because there are youtube videos of people installing them and the sequential lights working no problem however those cars are all european golfs and not north american golfs. At this point, the only answer to why this isnt working is that I may need to re-pin the connectors. I have attached photos of the current pinning for both left side and right side inner + outer lights. To those that have more experience in this dept, does anything look out of the ordinary in the pinning that came by default? If you need any further information, let me know. I un-did all the coding that I have done so it is back to how it was when the US LEDs were installed.

IMG_3922.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_3921.jpeg
    IMG_3921.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 148
  • IMG_3920.jpeg
    IMG_3920.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 123
  • IMG_3919.jpeg
    IMG_3919.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 116
  • IMG_3918.jpeg
    IMG_3918.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 124
  • IMG_3917.jpeg
    IMG_3917.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 106
  • IMG_3915.jpeg
    IMG_3915.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 113
  • IMG_3914.jpeg
    IMG_3914.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 144

ZERO815

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
Should be pretty simple. Unfortunately not only done by coding.

1. You can follow my instructions and modify the vehicle connectors on both outer tails, and code or
2. Modify the AE harness on both outer tails. In your pic3922, remove the green wire that sits between black and red. Push it into the open cavity next to the other green wire. Now remove the yellow wire and push it into the now open cavity between red and black. Use my coding.

Attachments

• 20220503_C_75NL75RL.pdf
    1.6 MB · Views: 370
  • 20220503_DIY_75NL75RL.pdf
    2.2 MB · Views: 383

DoopDeeDoop

Car(s)
MK7.5 Golf R

1. You can follow my instructions and modify the vehicle connectors on both outer tails, and code or
2. Modify the AE harness on both outer tails. In your pic3922, remove the green wire that sits between black and red. Push it into the open cavity next to the other green wire. Now remove the yellow wire and push it into the now open cavity between red and black. Use my coding.
So I do not need to purchase any additional harness, I should already have everything I need, just need to re-pin?

DoopDeeDoop

Car(s)
MK7.5 Golf R

YES IT WORKED! You are quite a legend, thank you! For those whom have VLAND, do the coding in the 2nd PDF ZER0815 provided and then re-pin both outer tail lights based on how he described in pic 3922.

nxmagix7

Car(s)
2021 mk7.5 GTI

Before I buy the tailights, Is there anyway to not have the rear fog lights come on? When I get the tailights I want to still be able to have the front fog lights on without the rears. Also, for the coding should I change everything listed to the parameters in the right column or just the things in green?

Thank you!

ZERO815

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
1. With this mod the rear fog lights won't turn on at all.
2. Coding: As long as your vehicle coding matches the middle column all you need to change are the green boxes. I recommend to double check the coding line by line.