GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Video of Golf R mk8 performance.

ecsta

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 R
So... just an exhaust sound video?

Also its the fancy exhaust that will never make it to North America lol.

H-Bomb

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
EVO
Ya not much on performance there. Love the exhaust, but man that would be annoying after a while. Fortunately, you can regulate that.

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
You can open or close the little black valves making it louder or quieter.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
The launch control takeoff in the video looked weak. From what I've read, the MK8 is slower than the MK7 because it doesn't have enough power to offset the added weight.
The mode you’re in

Doesn't work that way in the States, they're controlled by throttle position.

wide

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Mk8 R and Mk7.5 GTI
It’s slower than the 7? Can’t say I’ve come across that anywhere.
:ROFLMAO: Agree the New Mk8 Crushes the old ones in all speeds :). Crazy that is just has 320hp with that performance...

And i have a Mk8R on order! ;)

dcgtimk7

Go Kart Newbie
I hope 400whp on 93 with fbo is possible with the new continental turbo. The 2019 opf R did the 100-200kmph dash in 13.2 seconds while the mk8r did it in 11.5

wide

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Mk8 R and Mk7.5 GTI
I hope 400whp on 93 with fbo is possible with the new continental turbo. The 2019 opf R did the 100-200kmph dash in 13.2 seconds while the mk8r did it in 11.5

Yes the Mk8R is Crazy Fast!, no way it´s only have 320hp?. Or what do you think?. It is fun that the OPF cars i so nice to tune!, without replacing the OPF and Cat! :)

Have some nice plan for mine :)

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
That's what's exciting to me. The looks are OK, don't like the interior changes really, but it rotates through a corner stock.