GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Video/Commercial for MK7 GTI

xd-data-ii

Go Kart Champion
damn that looks much better in the video than the pics. lights look great.
did not know about the red light strip along the door @ 0:33 secs

mkvhaz

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2007 GTI
So how the hell are they pulling off all the E-brake drifts in the video with an electronic parking brake. Could this mean the GTI is going to actually get a standard E-brake?? Or did they just film a commercial showing exactly what the new GTI can't do...
Seriously the electronic parking brake is the only thing that I don't like about the new Mk7. I know its childish but I like hooning in the snow dammit!

FRVRNGN

Passed Driver's Ed
So how the hell are they pulling off all the E-brake drifts in the video with an electronic parking brake. Could this mean the GTI is going to actually get a standard E-brake?? Or did they just film a commercial showing exactly what the new GTI can't do...
Seriously the electronic parking brake is the only thing that I don't like about the new Mk7. I know its childish but I like hooning in the snow dammit!
Solution:

1. 28mm solid rear anti-roll bar or larger
2. Rear tire pressures at 45 lbs, fronts at 32

Boom, throttle-lift oversteer on demand in the wet (tap the brakes after oversteering for maximum effect :)).

mkvhaz

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2007 GTI
Solution:

Boom, throttle-lift oversteer on demand in the wet (tap the brakes after oversteering for maximum effect :)).

I don't see how that could be lift-off oversteer at such low speeds in such a tight space.

They must've modified the car to add a mechanical e-brake. It just kinda pisses me off that they are showcasing something that the production car could never do.

Eswin17

Ready to race!
I don't see how that could be lift-off oversteer at such low speeds in such a tight space.

They must've modified the car to add a mechanical e-brake. It just kinda pisses me off that they are showcasing something that the production car could never do.
McDonald's commercials also show patrons smiling while eating the food.

Damn false advertising.

mkvhaz

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2007 GTI
McDonald's commercials also show patrons smiling while eating the food.

Damn false advertising.

I know I'm ranting a bit. The commercial does do a pretty good job of conveying the message that the Gti is the best at being both classy and sporty at the same time.
But still get rid of the electronic brake crap.

gtiw7

Ready to race!
Solution:

and bang, straight into the nearest traffic light for a happy ending lol :p

FRVRNGN

Passed Driver's Ed

You didn't notice the parking garage was completely wet for those 'drift' turns?

Seriously, all they have to do is put rock-hard compound or bald tires on the back, and crank up the rear pressures. (and defeat the ECS and maybe put a HUGE rear bar on)

mkvhaz

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2007 GTI
You didn't notice the parking garage was completely wet for those 'drift' turns?

Seriously, all they have to do is put rock-hard compound or bald tires on the back, and crank up the rear pressures. (and defeat the ECS and maybe put a HUGE rear bar on)

I suppose it's possible in the wet with bald rock hard tires in the rear. Good point about the ESC I wonder if they will make it undefeatable like in the MK6? Not a huge deal in the GTI esp without a handbrake, but in the R....