GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Vibrations in accelerator when turning right

njkymk7GTI

Ready to race!
Has anyone ever experienced something like this? A few weeks ago it just started out of nowhere. When I accelerate and turn right (doesn't happen when I turn left) there is a vibration in the gas pedal. It does not get more harsh the more I turn right or the more I accelerate, but it is very noticeable. I have not installed or taken off any parts when it started happening.

njkymk7GTI

Ready to race!
Check the dogbone to see if it is bent. Might be making metal/metal contact.

Or bad wheel bearing.

thanks! I will check those out. I actually just updated my signature block to the 034 insert which will be getting installed today. Currently have the 88A BFI torque arm insert in so when I go to replace them I will see if there's a difference.

Ismetz

Passed Driver's Ed
Did you ever figure out what it was? I am having the exact same problem as you do

Ismetz

Passed Driver's Ed
Mine seems like it started after I had some really bad wheel hop at the track. I'm wondering if it's indeed the down pipe or something misaligned in exhaust system? Also I noticed a wear mark at the rubber elbow that connects to my turbo inlet. Seems like it's hitting the fuel rail around the brake oil reservoir. The afe intake doesn't flex so it moves with the engine at load.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Stiffer engine and transmission mounts are essential on a tuned car that's driven harder than putting around town. The excessive driveline slop is really hard on stuff. Once more mk7 hit higher mileage it'll probably become common to see broken CV axles too.

I'd put both side up front on jack stands and see how the exhaust clearances look, it's probably hitting the cross brace just aft of the forward mount

Ismetz

Passed Driver's Ed
Yup I am well aware of that and that's why I don't really think I will be taking my car to the the track with out adding those mods. For now I will enjoy my rolls and I will have to look at the exhaust clearence then. Hopefully it's nothing else

kyleb

I recently got a Golf R and have noticed my accelerator pedal vibrating when turning hard to the right. Does everyone's MK7 do this, or just some?

OneDoBit

So what was the deal with that?

Mine started doing the same thing. It started when I moved my Leyo cold air intake a little, whenever I try to move i the vibration changes and if I change the mode from sport to normal, then vibration is a lot less noticable and you can really feel it only if your turning hard right at a high speed. I really think of taking out my air intake out and try driving without it to check.

UPDATE: Literally moved my intake a little, it was touching the brake line beside the brake reservoir when turning right and it fixed the problem. Just play around with it and you will be fine.

Last edited:

zwalk

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
GSW 4motion
So I'm having vibration in my 1.8t pedal. Everything looks fine when I check it and nothing is touching... It's about a thumb or more away from the reservoir. Any other tips or can you guys show me a picture of what/where you adjusted? Mines the stock intake but I just bought the car and it's driving me crazy. I think it's either the axle or this.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
So I'm having vibration in my 1.8t pedal. Everything looks fine when I check it and nothing is touching... It's about a thumb or more away from the reservoir. Any other tips or can you guys show me a picture of what/where you adjusted? Mines the stock intake but I just bought the car and it's driving me crazy. I think it's either the axle or this.
That thread is over 2 years ago.

zwalk

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
GSW 4motion
I know, just hoping someone remembers. I can't seem to figure it out. I've come back to respond to people on NASIOC and GolfMK6 formerly

Last edited: