GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Vibration?

Pr0xim0s

Ready to race!
Im just running 18inch wheels wih all seasons continetal dws 06. I have non-DCC R. Stock was the same issue and now with VWR Springs it's the same issue. It's not super terrible where my wheel just vibrates like crazy. I just notice that at higher speed 75+ usually i start feeling more shaking feeling and wanted to see if that's normal.

Yomny1

Ready to race!
Im just running 18inch wheels wih all seasons continetal dws 06. I have non-DCC R. Stock was the same issue and now with VWR Springs it's the same issue. It's not super terrible where my wheel just vibrates like crazy. I just notice that at higher speed 75+ usually i start feeling more shaking feeling and wanted to see if that's normal.

I personally don't think its normal, speaking from my personal experience since I cannot comment on yours. My rough ride is not all the times and it seems that its road dependent. At times I don't feel it at all and then other times it makes me look. With that said, it doesn't seem to be too weird or unheard of with these cars. Also seems that the all season tires are a common denominator in these occurrences(when nothing else is to blame such as balance, bent wheel...).

I'd advise to just keep it in mind and see if it changes, you get used to it or gets worse. The dealer wont take action unless its an obvious thing. One last thing with my particular tires, I using about 31psi, which is what the dealer set it to after my visit for the "vibration" The wear pattern seems to be evenly distributed and the tire contact patch is maximized, not sure if lower psi reduces vibration felt or not but the car seems to like it.

BDI1

Definitely not normal. At first I thought my tires had flat spots because it was so cold when I pickup up my R this past weekend. When it got warmer the vibrations didn't go away. Then I swapped my 19" set for 17" winters and the vibrations was still there.

I doubt the lug nut torque fix will work.

BTW I have a 2016 Golf R DCC if it matters.

wildstar87

Passed Driver's Ed
Stupid question, especially since you have swapped springs out, but just in case. Did you make sure the shipping pucks have been removed?

Lagger1

Ready to race!
Have the same. Re-balancing tires seemed to help some. Along with confirming the studs are torqued correctly.

Going to have it brought in to get checked out. Will post back.

Talon

Ready to race!
I have the same issue. I thought I was going crazy. I don't feel it in the wheel but feel it in my seat. I know if I take it to the dealer they will say not able to replicate. I'm in a 2015 GTI.

Yomny1

Ready to race!
Seems to point to the car just being a rough ride(some of them). I can't imagine all of the people in here having problems with tires, balancing or any other thing, especially on such new rides. In my case if it gets any worse then i'll consider rethinking the dealer trips but until then ill just keep an eye on the wheel bolt's torque and tire air pressure.

mdlptld

Count me in as also having the same problem. I can be felt on both the stock 19s and my winter 17s. Right at about 72mph it comes up through the seat. The dealer thinks I'm crazy. I would love to know the answer. 2015 R.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

yahya

You must examine electronic tire and wheel
And did not have a problem must ensure that front Axle GEAR ASSY or OUTER TIE ROD

lcubed

Ready to race!
Count me in as also having the same problem. I can be felt on both the stock 19s and my winter 17s. Right at about 72mph it comes up through the seat. The dealer thinks I'm crazy. I would love to know the answer. 2015 R.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

did you check to make sure that all of the strut pucks were removed??

Pr0xim0s

Ready to race!
Honestly I came to accept this is just how the ride of the car is at high speeds. I don't know what else to do. It's not the steering wheel it feels like it's the seat or the car itself.