GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Vibration under initial acceleration from a standstill. Golf Mk7 GTD DSG

darlynch

Car(s)
Golf Mk7 GTD DSG
Hey, just joined this forum as an issue seems to have started on my car.

Had some bad flooding here and had to drive through some flooded water. (Just to the height of the top of the wheels).

Car drove through it and made it out the other side and it is driving fine with the exception of taking off. When accelerating from a standstill there is a violent vibration for maybe 2 seconds until I get it over 10kp/h.

After I got through the water I dipped my oil to check was it gone a milky color incase any water went into engine but that seemed fine and I have driven the car for another 10km since. There is no vibration whatsoever whilst driving along normally, it is just on take off. I tried each setting of traction control but still vibrating.

Car is a 2014 Mk7 GTD DSG. Any ideas as to what it could be?

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
Could be your brake drying settings on the car kicking in. If you have ODBeleven or VCDS you could turn it off and see if that helps.

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
I believe the wipers have to be on, going over 35km, and foot on the throttle before it will wipe the brakes.

There is another setting for vibration reduction as well, though I believe you have to turn that one off. I believe that one is from a stop and mainly in FWD vehicles.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
I believe the wipers have to be on, going over 35km, and foot on the throttle before it will wipe the brakes.

There is another setting for vibration reduction as well, though I believe you have to turn that one off. I believe that one is from a stop and mainly in FWD vehicles.
Thanks for the info. Volkswagen considered a lot of things for the gti. It’s a pleasant surprise to see what their standard is.

victorofhavoc

Autocross Champion
That is very deep water! I'm surprised you didn't get intrusion through the door seals!

Most of the time the initial acceleration vibrations are due to dsg clutch slippage when starting, but often people will put in dogbone bushing inserts or stiffer bushings, which in combination with disabling starting vibration reduction causes a lot of vibrations. That being said, I wouldn't look for a solution by making changes to electronics, I'd focus on what the water could have effected. You might want to jack it up and check for anything loose, especially around the dogbone mount and front subframe. I can't imagine water got into the transmission, but I hope for your sake that's not it. Also check all the rubber bushings for cracks or bulging. They're waterproof, but against splashing, not against being soaked. It's also possible water got into greased joints and flushed out the grease (like in the cv boot), which can also lead to some vibrations, but maybe not too your extent.