pgard1

Ready to race!
I had a custom axleback exhaust fabicrated using the following components:

Vibrant STREETPOWER Muffler #10632 - 3" inlet with 2.5" split outlets

Total Cost: $580
Muffler - $210
Tips - $210
Install - $160

The stock exhaust was cut just after the axle. I did retain the stock resonator...Working on sound clips and will try to get those posted up this weekend. I'm very happy with the way it turned out. :D

VIDEO LINK
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcaXDOONlfA

Had to remove the stock hangers and brackets to make room for the new piping and tips

Last edited:

Firstboost

Go Kart Champion
The HP gained, if any, is so negligible with a muffler, just the variance in different dyno runs makes it impossible to tell if it indeed made any extra HP. The main points of restriction in the exhaust are the factory DP and the cat; DP mainly.

PacDawg

Drag Race Newbie
ooooo.....I'd like to do this on my GTI but with single tips. I have to find a way to cut costs though because a catback system can be had for around that price.

VeloDub1

Passed Driver's Ed
Old thread, but this is what I was thinking of doing on my 2019. I've already did res delete, but looking for more sound. I have a hard time spending $1500 - $2K on an exhaust system that may only give some marginal gains, I mean it's mainly for sound. A local shop quoted me $250 for labor if I supply the tips and vibrant muffler, so total cost about $650.

Question for the OP (if you still have this car) how is the system holding up? any issues in the long term? Mine won't have resonator, so prob a little louder then yours, and possible a little drone, but I'm ok with a little. (why are pics so blurry?, I guess the link is broken, not being hosted anymore? )

If I do decide to take the plunge on a full system, I'm looking at AWE "Track" or APR "Valveless". Not planning on doing an aftermarket DP just yet, but possible in the future at some point. Any thoughts on these systems would be appreciated ;-)

pgard1

Ready to race!
Old thread, but this is what I was thinking of doing on my 2019. I've already did res delete, but looking for more sound. I have a hard time spending $1500 - $2K on an exhaust system that may only give some marginal gains, I mean it's mainly for sound. A local shop quoted me $250 for labor if I supply the tips and vibrant muffler, so total cost about $650.

Question for the OP (if you still have this car) how is the system holding up? any issues in the long term? Mine won't have resonator, so prob a little louder then yours, and possible a little drone, but I'm ok with a little. (why are pics so blurry?, I guess the link is broken, not being hosted anymore? )

If I do decide to take the plunge on a full system, I'm looking at AWE "Track" or APR "Valveless". Not planning on doing an aftermarket DP just yet, but possible in the future at some point. Any thoughts on these systems would be appreciated ;-)

I actually just traded in for a 2019 R w/ the 7yr warrant for the wife. I had the car for 4 yrs with zero issues.... in fact my wife is asking me to do the same setup I did here.

Hope your exhaust quest turns out well. =)