GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Very Belated Oryx White Golf R Build

Rrrrrmatey

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Mk 7.5 Golf R
Just put on some new shoes and got a new noisemaker for my engine (PEX intake)…selling my old 19x8” RSe10’s w/ DWS 06 tires in the for sale section (it won’t let me link to it here).

7E099BDC-9E38-4ABA-8449-9369941037C8.jpeg
F8791351-8B17-4AEA-BFB9-6AD5D42AE252.jpeg

Last edited:

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
So I told @Acadia18 I was selling my old wheels to keep from going down the customization rabbit hole…

Wait…my roof wasn’t like that before and what’s up with my VW badges? Mission Failed 😣

View attachment 245330
View attachment 245331

🤣

You know it never ends...

Going to need some more pictures of that roof, was contemplating the same thing myself, but wasn't sure how it would look with the spoiler being black as well.

At least the emblems are a small inexpensive mod...

Rrrrrmatey

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Mk 7.5 Golf R
So I had developed a really persistent squeaking noise from the front suspension recently.

I’m having the Euro Sport Camber mounts out in and, when they pulled the front struts & mounts, they found that the current strut mounts (OEM) had partially ‘spun’ (when I looked at it, the ‘tab’ on the rubber portion was no longer aligned if that makes sense?) Shop noted they’ve been seeing this more often with Mk 7’s lately.

Curious if anyone else has experienced a similar issue?

Rrrrrmatey

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Mk 7.5 Golf R
So (kind of interesting to me), the master tech thinks the previous dude used the wrong grease…apparently whatever the guy used has high adhesion between plastic/rubber parts and basically ended up glueing the bearing to the mount (not quite that strong, but enough that under compression it spun the mount).

Rrrrrmatey

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Mk 7.5 Golf R
Added an OEM Wolfsburg Badge to the rear…not really feeling it though 🫤

I’ll keep it on for at least a week to see if it grows on me, but curious what anyone else thinks?

View attachment 248881

Thought this just looked janky as hell - 0/10, would not recommend.

Speaking of ugly janky things, saw my first Mk8 Golf R out in the wild today. Not as bad as I thought, but still don’t like the ‘small SUV’ look it seems to have. The one exception is the DRLs on the Mk8…those are a whole different level of awful. I had no concept of just how bad the Mk8 Daytime Running Lights looked 🤮

Last edited:

Rrrrrmatey

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Mk 7.5 Golf R
Well, it’s been a minute. One of the ball joints on my SuperPro front end-links died at around ~53k (had about 25k on them). New ones installed, so we’ll see how long those last…at least SuperPro stands behind their warranty 🤷‍♂️

Other than that and finding out my plugs were incorrectly gapped when they were last replaced, sitting at 55k and very happy with reliability so far!