GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Veloster N

RecycledDonuts

Ready to race!
Damn....now I got to go buy a JB1.

TheWombat

Go Kart Champion
The car seems to be very well conceived and certainly seems to deliver on the numbers. Given the designer and the engineering in it, I suspect it will be a solid driver, too.

The styling doesn't resonate with me, so it would be a difficult sell in my case. I don't think I'm exactly the audience they're going for, though. For me, a car is a bunch of intangibles as well as the empirically observable. There is simply something about German cars that calls to me, despite the (often) grossly inflated prices, bloated and inefficient options structures, and flat-out jobbery that comes with the four circles, the three-pointed star, and the roundel (VW pretty much avoids these things, but then, they have exactly two cars I'm interested in, both Golfs).

I think for Hyundai something like this could be successful, and I think for the young male demographic the styling seems aimed at it could be a hit. It's not for me, though, not really.

Shane_Anigans

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport DSG
Front end makes it look like the love child of a Lexus and a Focus, 9 months after a drunken hook-up behind a dumpster.

TheWombat

Go Kart Champion
Good. The current gen is a huge failboat.

I was not impressed with the current gen--not enough oomph to get by on performance, not cool enough to get by on styling, not funky enough to get by on, well, funkyness--so yeah, this version has to be an upgrade one would think.

TheWombat

Go Kart Champion
Here's a Detroit Auto Show snippet from Redline Reviews, showing the interior and exterior (show floor, so no driving of course). The interior, while "fine," doesn't seem up to GTI standards, from what I can see in the video, and the options are rather limited.

TheWombat

Go Kart Champion
The styling is to my eye less offensive than the Civic's, but neither float my boat really. It will be interesting too to see how nice the 6MT is in the Veloster N.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
I looked at one 2 years ago. I wasn't impressed. Visibility wasn't so good, and it needs an adjustable suspension unless you like crappy ride quality. Without AWD what does it matter how much power it has?

takemorepills

Ready to race!
Have to wait and see if the rated HP shows up at the wheels, like how the Mk7 makes slightly more than rated at the wheels, actually.

FWD sucks. it is a total pissing match to over-power a FWD car. Race a stock GTI against a Veloster N, it'll be more about who can keep the front tires from blowing off in 1st gear.

It's a 3 door weirdo-car. However, I like it much more than the Gen 1, it is not a Si or GTI competitor. Both the Si (4 door) and the GTI are far more useful vehicles, overall, as far as the marketplace is concerned.

Hyundai's are very nice cars nowadays. People still don't buy so many of them. I was looking at last-gen Hyundai Azera as a nice daily driver, ding-duty car. VERY nice car, and SUPER cheap! On the used car market, maybe the best deal going if you want a cushy DD used car? Reliability is at Toyota levels also

Anyways, best looking Veloster to date, and nice to see Hyundai offering a compelling compact performance machine. BTW, VW Mk8 will drop in the next 2 years!

Mike-E

Go Kart Newbie
Wife is planning on upgrading her 2011 Veloster next year. I can see one in our garage this time next year. Her current Veloster is great, except for the damn auto tranny. Floor the gas,...............engine revs..........................car starts to move.