GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Veloster N Magazine Review

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
The author, in his opinion, says it's better than a GTI and maybe the R. I believe this mag leans left so maybe they smoke a lot of those funny cigarettes.

TheWombat

Go Kart Champion
The author, in his opinion, says it's better than a GTI and maybe the R. I believe this mag leans left so maybe they smoke a lot of those funny cigarettes.

Dude, are you like living in the 1950s or something? All the good ole' boys in the South, that bastion of right-leaning conservatism, have been smoking weed for decades now. Hell, when I was in school in Georgia all the folks in the sticks had switched from moonshine to cannabis. It was a lot more profitable, and they liked to get high as much as they liked to get liquored up....

cbass

Couple Loose Screws
Car(s)
milfs
Gotta remember that we're in Florida. Pot is passé here. Nose beers FTW.

Swoope

Ready to race!
just want a link to the review, am a bit fascinated with the stinger.

dont care what you do in your personal life as long it does not involve kids or pets.

or me spending money on your rehab. lol

excessive moderation is my creed.

beers

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
No link?

Anyway in stock trim the gti and R are far from impressive. Every review could list them in last place and I’d still pick them first because a tune and tires and they’ll smoke anything in and above their class (even if said competitors get equal mods)

TheWombat

Go Kart Champion
No link?

Anyway in stock trim the gti and R are far from impressive. Every review could list them in last place and I’d still pick them first because a tune and tires and they’ll smoke anything in and above their class (even if said competitors get equal mods)

Erm, well, I'd hardly call either car "far from impressive," unless you are comparing them to Corvettes or 911s or whatever stratospheric cars one might find out there. Compared to things in their price range, I'd say that for most people they are rather impressive and competitive. Now, no, they are usually not the fastest or quickest in raw terms within the comparos car mags do, but I suspect people buying these cars aren't just interested in that aspect. I get that you are coming from a speed and tuner perspective, which is cool, but it's only from the perspective of someone interested in raw speed that these cars are "unimpressive," in my book.

Swoope

Ready to race!
No link?

yeah, no link. the fed was nice enough to send me a scan.

thanks!

beers

adam1991

Banned
Erm, well, I'd hardly call either car "far from impressive," unless you are comparing them to Corvettes or 911s or whatever stratospheric cars one might find out there. Compared to things in their price range, I'd say that for most people they are rather impressive and competitive. Now, no, they are usually not the fastest or quickest in raw terms within the comparos car mags do, but I suspect people buying these cars aren't just interested in that aspect. I get that you are coming from a speed and tuner perspective, which is cool, but it's only from the perspective of someone interested in raw speed that these cars are "unimpressive," in my book.

+1

heiney9

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport DSG
One look at the photos of the interior and forget it. What a cheap, chintzy looking interior. Screams economy car.

My buddy has an Elantra Sport that he's always trying to compare to my MK7 GTi, I keep telling him, try again. Nothing about the Sport is equal to or better than my MK7 GTi. It has more road noise, it's slower, rides harsher and the interior rattles and looks and feels so cheap in comparison.

I can't imagine the Veloster being better based on the interior photos.

H

Huntermike

All of these reviews are of pre-production models. They sound like a fun fast hot hatch but the interior quality and ride pales in comparison to GTI's. Plastic fantastic.

It's probably faster and cheaper so if that's what you want then buy one. I'm staying in my GTI

Car And Driver

Jalopnik

TTAC

Automobile

Last edited: