GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

VCDS Track/AutoX Mods

BlueHen

Drag Race Newbie
Thanks guys for bringing this back up. I had removed torque limiting and ECS, but not the XDS and braking mods. Will tinker!

Hey RM, have you seen an event actually break out VCDS cable and laptop to sustain a protest?

geebob

Ready to race!
Set Brake Booster to 2 - a little different, in the right direction, but not enough to please. Tried "0" and it's pretty sweet. Still the annoying two stage pedal, with too much travel (would rather it be pressure sensitive) but much better.

Sec. Code 25004 for this one.

RacingManiac

Drag Race Newbie
Thanks guys for bringing this back up. I had removed torque limiting and ECS, but not the XDS and braking mods. Will tinker!

Hey RM, have you seen an event actually break out VCDS cable and laptop to sustain a protest?

No, realistically its an honor system. And locally no one will probably care. But at a National event, or Nationals itself, you can't discount the possibility.

BlueHen

Drag Race Newbie
Thanks. I don't autox, other than the free Ford Racing School I got with purchase of my Focus ST. Was just curious.

moonluv810

Ready to race!
Ok I just got to do some driving and wanted to report back on what these changes do.

Module 03 Adaptations

Hydraulic Brake Assistant (factory set to Normal) I changed to Not Activated

This is very noticeable and allows the driver to modulate brake pressure progressively. As Breaking Badly stated, this is a must do for track or Auto X to prevent the car from apply brakes thinking your are panic stopping or activating the abs.

Brake Booster (factory value set to 4) changed to 5 but did not drive yet.

I tried this at 5 and 6 and just got a softer pedal. I went the other direction and it firmed up at 2, but I currently have it at 1 and it feels great. Better feel and nice and progressive braking force.

Hydraulic Brake Booster
has a factory value of 8 and says Offset (not Bais) This setting was very strange. I bumped it up to 10 and apply hard brakes. The car would load up with steady pressure and then after about 1 second it would feel like someone stopped the pedal. There is a surge of brake assist that was delayed and feel really bad. Like the car is recognizing what you are doing and then trying to help. I went back to 8 and let it for now.

When I tried changing the hydraulic brake assistant setting, it's asking for a security code and unfortunately 25004 didn't work.

Could you guys share the code?
Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CZR

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
VW Golf V GTI Ed. 30
25004 works for "Brake booster" adaptation only, from what I remember.
Try 40168 too.

These are all the codes for ABS Brakes that I know of:
Code:

odessa.filez

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GSW 1.8tsi auto
Thanks for the brake suggestions. Tried them and noticed a little firmer pedal and better feel.

My wishlist would be coding to cancel auto upshift in manual mode for the 6spd aisin auto, and allow left foot braking for same. Not expecting to find it but it would be nice.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

edge04

Ready to race!
I was looking into making the ESC mod and noticed that my car and button is already set up to do this 06 - ESC ON/ESC SPORT / ESC OFF. I get same screen as post 1 when I hold the button down.

Would you say that the previous owner of my 2016 R DSG made this change? Or is it possible that it came that way stock?

edge04

Ready to race!
trying to change brake assist however need to input the passcode. Sorry for dumb question but where do I input that? Can some send a screen shot please. Thanks

RacingManiac

Drag Race Newbie
I can't take a screenshot without connecting to the car, but under 2 boxes under adaptation(I think its the bottom button on the right most row) it is for inputting security code. You need to enter a code and see if it accept it, then go back to adaptation and do the change.

edge04

Ready to race!
I see under adaptation there is security access-16.assume that is where. Anyone know the code for a 2016 R? I've tried several and keep getting security code error

Last edited:

geebob

Ready to race!
The ones I know I've used on a GTI are

25004 - "brake booster" only

and I might have used

The relationship between "hydraulic brake booster" and "brake booster" is peculiar. The pedal feel seems to relate to the difference between the two. The larger the difference, the "firmer' the pedal. I run brake booster at "0" and hbb at 7, for a difference of 7, as an example. Factory on GTI is 8 and 4, for a difference of 4.

I have no clue what the two settings actually do, but i like the brake feel much more this way.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
25004 works for "Brake booster" adaptation only, from what I remember.
Try 40168 too.

These are all the codes for ABS Brakes that I know of:
Code:

25757 also.