GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

VCDS Track/AutoX Mods

1fastredsc

Ready to race!
Last edited:

RacingManiac

Drag Race Newbie
FWIW, in case anyone runs National events and get protested. VCDS mod like these are not legal per current Street class rules.

Most important to me: Set brake assist to "non-intrusive".
I wouldn't even run a single lap with the stock setting.

redlined0517

Passed Driver's Ed
I recently got VCDS and have been playing with some different settings (ESC off and XDS+ set to moderate are a noticeable difference). I am also really interested in what brake settings are working best. What are you guys adjusting for the brakes? I have also searched through the Obdeleven and VCDS tweaks threads without much luck on what to change.

I don't have it on hand instantly, but I already posted which route
to find the brake assist setting with VCDS somewhere on this forum.
It wasn't to complicated if you just play with or, say, browse VCDS
some minutes.

Finglonga

Drag Racing Champion
Do you have a link to this mod breaking? I've been searching but can't seem to find it.

Your spelling Braking wrong, that's why you can't find it.:D

replicate

Go Kart Newbie
I don't have it on hand instantly, but I already posted which route
to find the brake assist setting with VCDS somewhere on this forum.
It wasn't to complicated if you just play with or, say, browse VCDS
some minutes.

It's in Module 03 Adaptations
Hydraulic Brake Assistant
Hydraulic Brake Booster
Brake Booster

I played with Brake Booster and Hydraulic Brake Assistant today, albeit only at slow speeds and couldn't really tell much of a difference.
Standard settings for Hydraulic Brake Assistant was "4". I tried 3 and 2. Can't remember what i tried with Brake Booster.

Requires more testing.

Luvs2speed

Ready to race!
I went into mine via Obdeleven this morning and started to make some changes. It is hard to get information on what the settings do so I guess we have to experiment.

Module 03 Adaptations
Hydraulic Brake Assistant (factory set to Normal) I changed to Not Activated

Brake Booster (factory value set to 4) changed to 5 but did not drive yet.

Hydraulic Brake Booster has a factory value of 8 and says Bias. I did not change this yet. Has anyone played with this?

I would like a slightly firmer pedal and smooth modulation (which I should have better modulation with the Hydraulic assist removed). I will report in with feedback, but anything you guys can share on which direction to adjust in would be awesome.

Luvs2speed

Ready to race!
Ok I just got to do some driving and wanted to report back on what these changes do.

Module 03 Adaptations
Hydraulic Brake Assistant (factory set to Normal) I changed to Not Activated
This is very noticeable and allows the driver to modulate brake pressure progressively. As Breaking Badly stated, this is a must do for track or Auto X to prevent the car from apply brakes thinking your are panic stopping or activating the abs.

Brake Booster (factory value set to 4) changed to 5 but did not drive yet.
I tried this at 5 and 6 and just got a softer pedal. I went the other direction and it firmed up at 2, but I currently have it at 1 and it feels great. Better feel and nice and progressive braking force.

Hydraulic Brake Booster
has a factory value of 8 and says Offset (not Bais) This setting was very strange. I bumped it up to 10 and apply hard brakes. The car would load up with steady pressure and then after about 1 second it would feel like someone stopped the pedal. There is a surge of brake assist that was delayed and feel really bad. Like the car is recognizing what you are doing and then trying to help. I went back to 8 and let it for now.

geebob

Ready to race!
My notes say there's a "brake overboost" in there that's active/inactive. I have it and HBA set to inactive.

Need to try the Brake Booster at 2, sounds nice, maybe lessen the initial aggressiveness of the default boost.