GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

VCDS Lite

SimonIG10

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Golf Mk7 1.4 GT TSI
New owner of mk7. Am I right that you need VCDS to change the rear brake pads. this seems really expensive. Does the Lite version retract the electric handbrake?
is there anything else you need VCDS for?

SimonIG10

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Golf Mk7 1.4 GT TSI
Thanks for the info. Dave, can you help with what I need to buy from OBD11 to do this function. I have seen Iphone versions and assume it works via an App through the ODB port. There are various plug in modules/cable etc. Ive downloaded the Iphone app so assume I need to buy a module. I already have an ODB wifi adapter but assume I need the special OBD11 one?
Are there other service tasks where you need OBD11?

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Thanks for the info. Dave, can you help with what I need to buy from OBD11 to do this function. I have seen Iphone versions and assume it works via an App through the ODB port. There are various plug in modules/cable etc. Ive downloaded the Iphone app so assume I need to buy a module. I already have an ODB wifi adapter but assume I need the special OBD11 one?
Are there other service tasks where you need OBD11?

I don't know much about OBD11 as I have VCDS ….

OB11 have a forum maybe ask them directly??

SimonIG10

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Golf Mk7 1.4 GT TSI
For anyone interested, I managed to speak to OBDEleven via their chat. Would seem the app is free to download and the applications that enable things such as winding the elctric parking brake back are included in the standard edition. To use each of these apps, you need credits. To do the brake pads you use 30 credits. 10 credits are €1.49. You need a device to plug into the car port and these can be picked up second hand on Ebay for around £20. In theory that should be all that is required. I will try and get one and see how it works. Looks a cheaper option than VCDS.

SimonIG10

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Golf Mk7 1.4 GT TSI
Decided to go with the Ancel VD500. In addition to reading/clearing codes, it also releases the EPB for pad replacement. No messing with Iphones etc and its upgradeable via USB.