GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

VCDS and OBD Eleven Owner Map

-Dutch-

Drag Race Newbie
VCDS MAP LINK

Hey Folks,

After offering my services to the local population I started thinking about a way to make this more widespread. If the interest is there, I've created a custom map that VCDS or OBD Eleven owners can register on so that others can search for someone in their area willing to offer assistance or loan equipment.

I know there are a couple of other things out there like this at this point but they seem to be forum specific. If you're interested in signing up the instructions are on the map but here you go anyways:

If you wish to register, email VAGCOMMAP@gmail.com with the following information:

Contact method
Equipment type
Cost, if any
Availability to travel
Zip Code

Example, the map owner:

Type: VCDS cable with laptop
Cost: Free
Will Travel: No, except to organized multi-car meets.
Zip: 02861

Please note, I created an email account specifically for this purpose. If you want your email address shared on the map please say so explicitly. The map is public and searchable. If not, provide an alternate method of contact. I will not list your email address without written consent.

Last edited:

nype

Drag Racing Champion
I should probably sell my Ross-Tech and Obdeleven shares now... [emoji1304]

Tooly

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI Autobahn
Just an FYI and I don't know about OBD11 but the new VCDS cables are VIN limited on how many cars they can be used on. The enthusiast cable is limited to 3 or 10 VIN's and only the big dollar Pro version of the cable has unlimited VIN's.

Also on 2018 mk7.5's you need the latest VCDS cable to access all the modules. I just finished trading in my old micro-can cable with Ross-Tech for the latest HEX-V2 cable.

Something to keep in mind for people sharing their cables.