GOLFMKV

VCDS - 4 brake lights - Both signals?

nype

Drag Racing Champion

fudsey

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2015 MkV GTI
Yes it requires more tweaks. This is from the thread on vwvortex http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthre...new-to-VW)&p=86387516&viewfull=1#post86387516

Last edited:

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Works perfectly. Thank you sir!

fudsey

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2015 MkV GTI
There is but the one on VWVortex has a lot more post and if you go to page 2 on it there is a list of changes albeit might be here to.

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Yes it requires more tweaks. This is from the thread on vwvortex http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthre...new-to-VW)&p=86387516&viewfull=1#post86387516

I made the changes noted above. I have the same function as this video but I have noticed a few things:
- 1: Not a major issue but when brakes applied the inner lights illuminate a split second slower than the outer lights.
- 2: More importantly, with headlights on and signals applied, the signalling side flashes between full on and full off. It should flash between full on and "running light / dimmed". You can see this in the video as well.

Thoughts on this?

Last edited:

BxGTI

Go Kart Champion
I made the changes noted above. I have the same function as this video but I have noticed a few things:
- 1: Not a major issue but when brakes applied the inner lights illuminate a split second slower than the outer lights.
- 2: More importantly, with headlights on and signals applied, the signalling side flashes between full on and full off. It should flash between full on and "running light / dimmed". You can see this in the video as well.

Thoughts on this?

Quick note, I have LED bulbs so what you see in the video will look different in person due to the frame rate, I did this a long time ago so I can not remember the code but I wanted the lights to cycle full on /off while blinking however you could code them not to do that. I no longer have the codes handy.

fudsey

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2015 MkV GTI

Thoughts on this?

nype,

1: it is a known issue and it's the only way it works. Might change in the future, but I doubt it.

2: That is the last 2 tweaks in the chart. It gives a clearer indication of directional. You can leave it as the default and it will go from running light to flash. IMO full off makes it very clear to others of intention..

nype

Drag Racing Champion
I'm out of town, away from my car. Thanks for the responses. I find it a little strange have no rear sidelights intermittently, between blinks.

If I revert the last 2 changes, what will the effect be? Will the lights then alternate between full on and dim, when signalling at night?

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Oh and I have the LED tails as well.

geebob

Ready to race!
I'm out of town, away from my car. Thanks for the responses. I find it a little strange have no rear sidelights intermittently, between blinks.

If I revert the last 2 changes, what will the effect be? Will the lights then alternate between full on and dim, when signalling at night?
I'd guess your two "14" channels would control that - they're both set at zero. With incans I have mine at "4" to just leave a little afterglow when they blink. Try yours at "10" and adjust from there - be sure to check all functions in case it screws something else up. I'm saying 10 not to emulate mine but because you seem to want them stockish.

fudsey

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2015 MkV GTI

Yes it will be as it is before you do any changes, Running light to blinker, supposedly according to the chart.

Oh and I have the LED tails as well.

I have no idea what these actually do with LEDs. This was setup for the regular tails. But as said above, you can try different numbers till you get it the way you like, might work, dunno with LEDs :)

Last edited:

nype

Drag Racing Champion
I reverted the last 2 settings in the chart to defaults and this produced a strange result.

The inner tail lights functioned as desired (with headlights and turn signal on, alternating between running light and blinker). However, the outer tail light no longer acts as a turn signal.

I added the last 2 settings from the chart above again, for now. Not a big deal, I should probably stop messing around anyway.

Any idea what I am missing here?

fudsey

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2015 MkV GTI
I believe it's the "0" 14 leuchte settings that you change to the default # but I am unsure. Try it at like 20 and see, might work?