GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Vancouver Chat Thread

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI
Hey Clem, I ended up finding a caliper tool on amazon for $19 so I grabbed it. Thanks for the offer though!

Did you notice any difference going to a high flow filter? ( I believe you have the block off plate too). I’m Unitronic stage 1 on completely stock intake still and trying to decide which route to go...
That's cool no worries.

Like vultic said you get slightly better throttle response and not much else really. Most people would recommend cutting out the drivers side vent and opening up a vent on the top of the grille(MK7). If you do go for an aftermarket intake I would recommend taking a look at the AFE intake for the MK7/7.5. Nype and I installed one on his car and it's pretty sweet. There is an optional cover to make it a closed intake for the summer months.

https://afepower.com/afe-power-54-12672-magnum-force-stage-2-pro-5r-cold-air-intake-system

CarlosCanizares

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf R
Haha serious FWP there. Looking forward to hearing your review of the OEM+ IS38!

Picked up my car with the OEM+ installed. Also did an oil change and Haldex service.

I feel the car is smoother to drive and response is slightly better. Doubt it as placebo because I wasn't expecting any difference and I did.

HPA Stage 2 in most likely next year.

Last edited:

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI
For anyone interested, there will be a VW/Audi/Euro meet on Sunday August 2nd. The weather report says that it should be sunny. It would be cool to finally meet some of you guys on here!

SmartSelect_20200715-233758_Samsung Internet.jpg

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI
Just a reminder to those of you coming out on Sunday, the meeting place is the Starbucks parking lot. The address is 16010 24th Ave in Surrey @9:30am

CarlosCanizares

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf R
Just a reminder to those of you coming out on Sunday, the meeting place is the Starbucks parking lot. The address is 16010 24th Ave in Surrey @9:30am

Wife and I are likely going if I don't fall back asleep after the British GP :D

Think there's another meet after September? MySBC clutch is back-ordered, so Stage 2 build is pushed back til then:mad:

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI
Wife and I are likely going if I don't fall back asleep after the British GP :D

Think there's another meet after September? MySBC clutch is back-ordered, so Stage 2 build is pushed back til then:mad:
Yes definitely come out! There's might still be the Dubberz Whistler cruise in early September but with Covid I am not sure.

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI
Last edited:

CarlosCanizares

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf R
Love your low angles. Wish I didn’t get that venti macchiato or I could’ve indulged :)

For the Whistler cruise, I’ll bring my Leica!

CarlosCanizares

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf R
I forgot to mention this on Sunday. Thanks to a fellow Golf R owner (and HPA customer as well), there is an E85 station in Aldergrove: Otter Co-op at 24795 Fraser Hwy.

I'll start blending my E30 once I'm Stage 2. Hope to see some of your there gassing up as well.

Drincc

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2019 GTI
Just rejoined VW life, having previously owned a 93 Passat and Mk6 TDI. Unfortunately the day Dubs and Coffee happened, I was picking up my 2019 GTI. Maybe I'll still have a couple more shots to get to a meet this year? Anyway, hello. I plan on doing some AutoX work next year, if things open back up for that. However, running up Cypress in a car that has a higher limit will do. That being said, plate brackets...I've managed to rig the OEM one by ziptying it to the grille, but the lack of security will eventually drive me nuts. Tried an Amazon one, and the park sensors did not like them. I was considering the Platypus bracket, but I can see people already have stuck with zipties as it is and I have no idea if it's even worth my time since my install looks clean enough.
imageG.jpg

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI
Just rejoined VW life, having previously owned a 93 Passat and Mk6 TDI. Unfortunately the day Dubs and Coffee happened, I was picking up my 2019 GTI. Maybe I'll still have a couple more shots to get to a meet this year? Anyway, hello. I plan on doing some AutoX work next year, if things open back up for that. However, running up Cypress in a car that has a higher limit will do. That being said, plate brackets...I've managed to rig the OEM one by ziptying it to the grille, but the lack of security will eventually drive me nuts. Tried an Amazon one, and the park sensors did not like them. I was considering the Platypus bracket, but I can see people already have stuck with zipties as it is and I have no idea if it's even worth my time since my install looks clean enough.

Welcome! There will be many meets still happening both the smaller weekly meets and the larger ones like the Dubberz Whistler cruise happening in September.

If your looking for a mount that won't affect your parking sensors I would suggest this one:

https://legitspeed.com/collections/frontpage/products/mk7-5-gti-front-license-plate-bracket

Pricey for sure but many people have it and like it.