GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Vancouver Chat Thread

Chineseguy

So I found the time to find an autoplan agency to ask about the discount.

Apparently my insurance is still under the old policy, so I can't get the discount. I COULD cancel it and start a new one with the new policy, but the guy warned me the new policy premiums might be more despite the 10% discount from the drivers assist thing.

nype

Drag Racing Champion
So I found the time to find an autoplan agency to ask about the discount.

Apparently my insurance is still under the old policy, so I can't get the discount. I COULD cancel it and start a new one with the new policy, but the guy warned me the new policy premiums might be more despite the 10% discount from the drivers assist thing.

ICBC has an estimator tool on their website.

It’s not that your premiums might go up, they will go up.

Tooly

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI Autobahn
Got the discount but it only slightly ate into the increase due to the new “list all drivers” system. They factored my history (very clean) for 75% and the least experienced driver (daughter with N) for 25%.

Annual premium up around $360...

[emoji1361]

Yeah having a new driver listed on your policy just kills you now.

vulticGTI

Go Kart Newbie
Yeah sure, send me a text whenever [emoji106]

How are the BFI mounts treating you? I am doing my clutch and DP soon and was wondering if I should replace to trans mount or both while I have the transmission out...Just a little strapped for cash and nervous about NVH.

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI
How are the BFI mounts treating you? I am doing my clutch and DP soon and was wondering if I should replace to trans mount or both while I have the transmission out...Just a little strapped for cash and nervous about NVH.
I love my BFI mounts, the NVH levels are perfect for me but I know that everyone has a different tolerance in terms of acceptable NVH. If you are local in the lower mainland I could give you a ride in my car if that will help your decision.

mazubo

Hey all! Just picked up a '17 GTI MK7 in dark grey. This car makes me smile every time I get behind the wheel. Just curious, is there a more convenient way to chat via WhatsApp , messenger etc that people here are using?

gboticus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 R DSG

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI
Anyone else out there enjoying driving in the snow? It somewhat makes up for the huge traffic delays?
20200113_152948.jpg

CarlosCanizares

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf R
Anyone else out there enjoying driving in the snow? It somewhat makes up for the huge traffic delays?
View attachment 163059

Not with my R because its in storage, but YES with my 07 CRV and my first time using all-weather Nordman tires.

Making a left on a left-turn light on 104 coming from 152 is so fun, I feel like Colin McRae for that brief moment :D

Tooly

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI Autobahn
The snow wouldn't be too bad if I didn't have to commute in it, don't trust other people.

And it looks like pothole season has officially started, be careful out there!

CarlosCanizares

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf R
The snow wouldn't be too bad if I didn't have to commute in it, don't trust other people.

And it looks like pothole season has officially started, be careful out there!

Agreed! Thankfully I drive the other way (to Abby) for my commute to work, but last week, I just worked from home. Even with a good AWD system and tires, it’s the other commuters I get worried of.

In my last post, turning onto 104 is fun coz even without trying the car slides. But thankfully, people are smart not to turn right on their lane as I’m turning left on mine.

Tooly

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI Autobahn
I'll admit on the one really snowy morning I drove in with my wife in her Subaru haha!

vulticGTI

Go Kart Newbie
Anyone else with chains not able to get them on? Went on a snowboard trip and realized that I don't have enough room in wheel well to fit my hands to get the chain around. I'm barely lowered (on DG springs) and my wheel diameter isn't anything too noticeable over stock...

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI
Just a heads up for any folks interested, Paul@PG Performance called me and let me know that they have a set of Euro folding mirrors with BSM in stock that someone put a deposit on and never came back for. They are for sale at a discounted price ,if anyone is interested give the guys at PG a call.

vulticGTI

Go Kart Newbie
Just a heads up for any folks interested, Paul@PG Performance called me and let me know that they have a set of Euro folding mirrors with BSM in stock that someone put a deposit on and never came back for. They are for sale at a discounted price ,if anyone is interested give the guys at PG a call.
I might hop on this. Thanks for the headsup clem