GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Vancouver Chat Thread

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI
There is a VW meet tonight at Cowell VW in Richmond for anyone who is interested. It would be cool to meet the people behind the usernames.

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI
Some pics from last nights event

Tooly

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI Autobahn
H&R has their Mt. Baker cruise coming up on August 17th. I went 6 or 7 years ago and it was a pretty good time. Thinking of going with the wife & kid if the weather is nice.

Some details on their facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/hrspringslp/

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI
Here's some pics from the annual Great Canadian VW Weekend for those who couldn't make it.

Tooly

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI Autobahn
H&R has their Mt. Baker cruise coming up on August 17th. I went 6 or 7 years ago and it was a pretty good time. Thinking of going with the wife & kid if the weather is nice.

Some details on their facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/hrspringslp/

Anyone going? Looks like the weather might be half decent so I'll be dragging my wife along.

Tooly

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI Autobahn
Well 3 or 4 Canadians showed up anyways lol. Awesome drive up the mountain and a great mix of cars. Some pics if anyone's interested.

Last edited:

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI
Well 3 or 4 Canadians showed up anyways lol. Awesome drive up the mountain and a great mix of cars. Some pics if anyone's interested.]
Your car is looking good [emoji108]

Tooly

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI Autobahn
Thank Clem

Saw you got the BFI stage one mounts installed, one day I want to check out the vibration and see if I can tell how much of a difference it is from stock.

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI
Thank Clem

Saw you got the BFI stage one mounts installed, one day I want to check out the vibration and see if I can tell how much of a difference it is from stock.

Yeah sure, send me a text whenever [emoji106]

Chineseguy

Hi everyone,

Just picked up my 16' GTI today. I'd like to start off by saying I've been lurking in the forum for awhile and everybody seems very nice here. I look forward to one day meeting all of you up the upcoming car meets.

Anyways, I was wondering when you guys got your car, did you get any discounts for your insurance licenses from having the front assist (forward collision warning?)

A buddy of mine told me about this when he picked up his Mazda3 recently. He got about 10% discount for having a similar feature in his car.

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI
Hi everyone,

Just picked up my 16' GTI today. I'd like to start off by saying I've been lurking in the forum for awhile and everybody seems very nice here. I look forward to one day meeting all of you up the upcoming car meets.

Anyways, I was wondering when you guys got your car, did you get any discounts for your insurance licenses from having the front assist (forward collision warning?)

A buddy of mine told me about this when he picked up his Mazda3 recently. He got about 10% discount for having a similar feature in his car.

As a fellow chinese guy I want to say hello and welcome, you will find alot of useful info in this forums. My car doesnt have DAP so I can't answer your question unfortunately.

THEREALVRT

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf R
Hi everyone,

i know you guys have different insurance than us out east but i had a 13 mazda 3 skyactive and traded it in for a 16 gti with DAP and my insurance went down!!!!

Tooly

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI Autobahn
When I bought my 2018 I didn't get the DAP package, extra $1600 or $1800 I think. With all the changes made by ICBC you now get a discount if you have driver assistance aids. But even with the discount it would have taken years of that "discount" from ICBC to make up the extra I would have paid for the DAP option.

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Got the discount but it only slightly ate into the increase due to the new “list all drivers” system. They factored my history (very clean) for 75% and the least experienced driver (daughter with N) for 25%.

Annual premium up around $360...

[emoji1361]