GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Vancouver Chat Thread

vulticGTI

Go Kart Newbie
Hey guys, if any of you want to come there is a Vancouver R Club meet this Saturday @10am, should be fun. I can also help oit anyone coming to the meet with OBD11 coding.[emoji106]

Are the R people gonna be mean to GTI owners? haha. I won't make the meet but I'd be curious about future ones although I'm just a person from Bellingham, WA.

Maybe in the future you'd be willing to help with some OBD11 coding for my GTI for some $?
:D

Tooly

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI Autobahn
If this was Sunday I'd be all over it. My car is dirty AF and don't have the time to wash it before Saturday morning. :(

Tooly

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI Autobahn
Are the R people gonna be mean to GTI owners? haha. I won't make the meet but I'd be curious about future ones although I'm just a person from Bellingham, WA.

You ever done the H&R Wanderlust cruise to Mt. Baker? They usually do it in August and it's a nice drive and a good turnout.

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI

Maybe in the future you'd be willing to help with some OBD11 coding for my GTI for some $?

:D

Haha no they are all good people and the R club has many GTI's, R's, and a mixture of Audi's, everyone's welcome.

I would be able to help you with coding work no problem, no compensation needed. You would just have to drive up to Vancouver [emoji16]

Last edited:

vulticGTI

Go Kart Newbie
You ever done the H&R Wanderlust cruise to Mt. Baker? They usually do it in August and it's a nice drive and a good turnout.

Actually pretty new to Bellingham area and the car scene. Was originally from Seattle. I'll definitely have to check this out! I plan on doing a good amount of biking and exploring in the area.

Haha no they are all good people and the R club has many GTI's, R's, and a mixture of Audi's, everyone's welcome.

I would be able to help you with coding work no problem, no compensation needed. You would just have to drive up to Vancouver [emoji16]

Haha that's what I thought, seems like an extremely helpful community.

And thanks! next time I plan a trip up to Vancouver I'll hit you up if I don't get an OBD11 and an android device before then haha.

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI
If this was Sunday I'd be all over it. My car is dirty AF and don't have the time to wash it before Saturday morning. :(
Looks like it's going to rain on Saturday so no need to wash your car![emoji16]

Last edited:

Tooly

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI Autobahn
Yeah but it's kind of embarrassing how dirty it is, parked under a tree and there are sap droplets all over it. Wasn't thinking when I parked in that spot, that'll teach me. *facepalm*

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI
Really great turnout today despite the rain. If any of you are interested there are talks about putting together a dyno day.

Last edited:

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Next time...hope to make it out

CarlosCanizares

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf R
Yeah but it's kind of embarrassing how dirty it is, parked under a tree and there are sap droplets all over it. Wasn't thinking when I parked in that spot, that'll teach me. *facepalm*

After 7 months of storage, my car is probably embarrassingly similar to yours sans the sap. Gave it a good power wash when I insured it for the summer, but it’s not perfect.

Oddly enough I like the “slightly rough look”. Makes it less like a garage queen when in fact it is lol.

Tooly

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI Autobahn
After 7 months of storage, my car is probably embarrassingly similar to yours sans the sap. Gave it a good power wash when I insured it for the summer, but it’s not perfect.

Oddly enough I like the “slightly rough look”. Makes it less like a garage queen when in fact it is lol.

Had a chance to wash it today but it really needs a seal and wax but that's for another weekend.

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI
Hey everyone, the Van R Club is putting together another meet this Saturday. All are welcome and I hope to meet some of you there!

CarlosCanizares

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf R
Had a chance to wash it today but it really needs a seal and wax but that's for another weekend.

Since watching the film Bullitt a over decade ago (as well as owning a 2001 version of the Bullitt 'stang), I've disliked shiny cars since LOL.

But I'm a weird soul. I prefer stock-looking cars, dropped all social media and love film photography. And, I'm only 37.

Last edited:

VDuBNIT

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Golf R
Best place for tinting in Vancouver area

The title says it all. Looking to get some tinting done in Vancouver.

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI
I had mine done at N-Motion in Burnaby but I've heard great things about Street Legal Tint. They have one in North Van.