GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Vancouver Chat Thread

NeedSleep

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R DSG
It’s just getting warm! Lol. But not like you’re used to.

Isn’t SF typically pretty breezy and cool?
That's true. I used to be fine with 7°C foggy weather in SF, but now my body's adjusted to the 26°C and up range. We even have summer temps reaching 45°C, so I'm not exposed to the cold as much anymore.

What I don't understand is that it was like 13°C earlier this morning, and my Canadian relatives needed to turn on the AC in the car. I had to put on a beanie and zip up my jacket!

Welcome! You'll probably also notice that there's as many Golf R's on the road as GTI's, at least in my experience. It does rain here alot [emoji1]
Thanks!

I've seen many Golf Rs, but a bit more GTIs. Tbh, I may have seen more Golf Rs here already than I've ever seen in my area in the past 2.5+ years I've owned my GTI.

There were also plenty of nice-looking Mk4 Golfs going around Downtown Vancouver today. I *never* see those anymore.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Tooly

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI Autobahn
What I don't understand is that it was like 13°C earlier this morning, and my Canadian relatives needed to turn on the AC in the car. I had to put on a beanie and zip up my jacket!

We call it a toque up here! :p

Tooly

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI Autobahn
Anyone local running the Clubsport S muffler? If so are you happy with the sound for daily driving?

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI
^^Nype has it on his car. Sounds great IMO, definetly louder than my Remus axleback

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Anyone local running the Clubsport S muffler? If so are you happy with the sound for daily driving?

100% happy with it. No other exhaust mods.

It’s quite controllable, if that makes any sense.

I bought one of the first 5 that e-acca.com sold. Paid $380 USD shipped. Feb/Mar 2017.

Last edited:

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI
Hey Guys!
Im considering starting a WhatsApp group for us BC MK7'ers. I figure it would be easier to coordinate meets, sell parts, etc. Would any of you guys be interested in joining?

Tooly

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI Autobahn
100% happy with it. No other exhaust mods.

It’s quite controllable, if that makes any sense.

I bought one of the first 5 that e-acca.com sold. Paid $380 USD shipped. Feb/Mar 2017.

How far is it from stock sound when just say, commuting in traffic? I drive South Burnaby to PoCo everyday so no real highway driving but more stop and go.

Hey Guys!
Im considering starting a WhatsApp group for us BC MK7'ers. I figure it would be easier to coordinate meets, sell parts, etc. Would any of you guys be interested in joining?

Man I'm old, I don't have WhatsApp or Facebook for that matter lol.

Anyone going on the Leavenworth drive next month? June 15th https://www.facebook.com/LeavenworthDrive/

nype

Drag Racing Champion
How far is it from stock sound when just say, commuting in traffic? I drive South Burnaby to PoCo everyday so no real highway driving but more stop and go.

It’s deeper than stock when driving mildly. And it’s not much louder unless you are aggressively accelerating. And the control over how loud the DSG farts is probably the best part. I don’t mind meeting up if you want to check it out sometime. I’m 45, grown kids etc... I think you will really like it.

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Hey Guys!
Sounds like fun. Sign me up!

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI
Anyone going on the Leavenworth drive next month? June 15th https://www.facebook.com/LeavenworthDrive/
I always hear that the Leavenworth drive is a lot of fun, maybe I will go this year.
On another note, is anyone on here planning to go to the DAS VW weekend up in Kelowna??

gboticus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 R DSG
I always hear that the Leavenworth drive is a lot of fun, maybe I will go this year.
On another note, is anyone on here planning to go to the DAS VW weekend up in Kelowna??

Heh, going to be in Kelowna that week by chance. I'll check out the show!

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI
Hey guys, if any of you want to come there is a Vancouver R Club meet this Saturday @10am, should be fun. I can also help oit anyone coming to the meet with OBD11 coding.[emoji106]

Last edited: