GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
  • Has your username changed as part of the site merger and want it changed back? If the other version of your username isn't being used, send Gulfer a PM and we can probably fix it for you

Vancouver Chat Thread

mazubo

Hey all! Just picked up a '17 GTI MK7 in dark grey. This car makes me smile every time I get behind the wheel. Just curious, is there a more convenient way to chat via WhatsApp , messenger etc that people here are using?

CarlosCanizares

Go Kart Champion
The snow wouldn't be too bad if I didn't have to commute in it, don't trust other people.

And it looks like pothole season has officially started, be careful out there!
Agreed! Thankfully I drive the other way (to Abby) for my commute to work, but last week, I just worked from home. Even with a good AWD system and tires, it’s the other commuters I get worried of.

In my last post, turning onto 104 is fun coz even without trying the car slides. But thankfully, people are smart not to turn right on their lane as I’m turning left on mine.

vulticGTI

Go Kart Newbie
Anyone else with chains not able to get them on? Went on a snowboard trip and realized that I don't have enough room in wheel well to fit my hands to get the chain around. I'm barely lowered (on DG springs) and my wheel diameter isn't anything too noticeable over stock...

Clem604

Ready to race!
Just a heads up for any folks interested, Paul@PG Performance called me and let me know that they have a set of Euro folding mirrors with BSM in stock that someone put a deposit on and never came back for. They are for sale at a discounted price ,if anyone is interested give the guys at PG a call.

vulticGTI

Go Kart Newbie
Just a heads up for any folks interested, Paul@PG Performance called me and let me know that they have a set of Euro folding mirrors with BSM in stock that someone put a deposit on and never came back for. They are for sale at a discounted price ,if anyone is interested give the guys at PG a call.
I might hop on this. Thanks for the headsup clem

CarlosCanizares

Go Kart Champion
I've always thought NA cars didn't have the motor that allowed for the folding or reverse dip. Or are the motors actually in the mirror enclosures themselves?

vulticGTI

Go Kart Newbie
I've always thought NA cars didn't have the motor that allowed for the folding or reverse dip.
Motor is in the mirror you replace the whole assembly. I called them and they said 650 CAD all in. Not much cheaper than DAP or something it'd be faster and no additional taxes' but don't have the means to invest in that rn. Others should jump on it!

CarlosCanizares

Go Kart Champion
Motor is in the mirror you replace the whole assembly. I called them and they said 650 CAD all in. Not much cheaper than DAP or something it'd be faster and no additional taxes' but don't have the means to invest in that rn. Others should jump on it!
Dammit! I just called Darryl and put a deposit for HPA's OEM+ turbo. I suppose new and improved IS38 > motorized mirrors LOL

vulticGTI

Go Kart Newbie
Dammit! I just called Darryl and put a deposit for HPA's OEM+ turbo. I suppose new and improved IS38 > motorized mirrors LOL
Haha yea I'm putting money into a valved exhaust, steeringwheel, plugs,E-tune, and front splitter so not much room to add pricey mirrors into there

CarlosCanizares

Go Kart Champion
Nice! I have their Hybrid IS38 and it is quite a special experience. The IS38s really shine at high RPM and put a big smile on faces
Thanks! We've posted in a thread about Darryl and HPA before. The IS38 450 was overkill for me and I really just wanted to not have to worry about popping a turbo - even with just a JB1, I'm scared it'll go at any time, so the OEM+ is perfect!

Darryl added their HPA intercooler in my quote in case I decide to pull the trigger during turbo install day, Anthony at least put one aside.

Now we wait for their new dogbone supplier.

gboticus

Ready to race!
Thanks! We've posted in a thread about Darryl and HPA before. The IS38 450 was overkill for me and I really just wanted to not have to worry about popping a turbo - even with just a JB1, I'm scared it'll go at any time The OEM+ is perfect!

Darryl added their HPA intercooler in my quote in case I decide to pull the trigger during turbo install day, Anthony at least put one aside.

Now we wait for their new dogbone supplier.
I would consider the intercooler mandatory even if you don't track the car. I know it's a bunch of extra money but when the summer months hit your car will heat soak pretty quick.

I gotta follow up with them about a potential 500HP setup someday ;) Planning on getting super sticky tires for the track and may finally hold down all the torque the hybrid puts out.

CarlosCanizares

Go Kart Champion
I would consider the intercooler mandatory even if you don't track the car. I know it's a bunch of extra money but when the summer months hit your car will heat soak pretty quick.

I gotta follow up with them about a potential 500HP setup someday ;) Planning on getting super sticky tires for the track and may finally hold down all the torque the hybrid puts out.
Totally agree! My boss (wife) already approved both!

But we are planning an epic Portugal/Spain trip later this year, so we'll see. Heatsoak vs. Premium Economy? LOL