GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
  • Has your username changed as part of the site merger and want it changed back? If the other version of your username isn't being used, send Gulfer a PM and we can probably fix it for you

Vancouver Chat Thread

Chineseguy

Hi everyone,

Just picked up my 16' GTI today. I'd like to start off by saying I've been lurking in the forum for awhile and everybody seems very nice here. I look forward to one day meeting all of you up the upcoming car meets.

Anyways, I was wondering when you guys got your car, did you get any discounts for your insurance licenses from having the front assist (forward collision warning?)

A buddy of mine told me about this when he picked up his Mazda3 recently. He got about 10% discount for having a similar feature in his car.

Clem604

Ready to race!
Hi everyone,

Just picked up my 16' GTI today. I'd like to start off by saying I've been lurking in the forum for awhile and everybody seems very nice here. I look forward to one day meeting all of you up the upcoming car meets.

Anyways, I was wondering when you guys got your car, did you get any discounts for your insurance licenses from having the front assist (forward collision warning?)

A buddy of mine told me about this when he picked up his Mazda3 recently. He got about 10% discount for having a similar feature in his car.
As a fellow chinese guy I want to say hello and welcome, you will find alot of useful info in this forums. My car doesnt have DAP so I can't answer your question unfortunately.

THEREALVRT

Drag Race Newbie
Ride
Golf R
Hi everyone,

i know you guys have different insurance than us out east but i had a 13 mazda 3 skyactive and traded it in for a 16 gti with DAP and my insurance went down!!!!

Tooly

Ready to race!
When I bought my 2018 I didn't get the DAP package, extra $1600 or $1800 I think. With all the changes made by ICBC you now get a discount if you have driver assistance aids. But even with the discount it would have taken years of that "discount" from ICBC to make up the extra I would have paid for the DAP option.

nype

Go Kart Champion
Got the discount but it only slightly ate into the increase due to the new “list all drivers” system. They factored my history (very clean) for 75% and the least experienced driver (daughter with N) for 25%.

Annual premium up around $360...

[emoji1361]

Chineseguy

So I found the time to find an autoplan agency to ask about the discount.

Apparently my insurance is still under the old policy, so I can't get the discount. I COULD cancel it and start a new one with the new policy, but the guy warned me the new policy premiums might be more despite the 10% discount from the drivers assist thing.

nype

Go Kart Champion
So I found the time to find an autoplan agency to ask about the discount.

Apparently my insurance is still under the old policy, so I can't get the discount. I COULD cancel it and start a new one with the new policy, but the guy warned me the new policy premiums might be more despite the 10% discount from the drivers assist thing.

ICBC has an estimator tool on their website.

It’s not that your premiums might go up, they will go up.

Tooly

Ready to race!
Got the discount but it only slightly ate into the increase due to the new “list all drivers” system. They factored my history (very clean) for 75% and the least experienced driver (daughter with N) for 25%.

Annual premium up around $360...

[emoji1361]
Yeah having a new driver listed on your policy just kills you now.

vulticGTI

Go Kart Newbie
Yeah sure, send me a text whenever [emoji106]
How are the BFI mounts treating you? I am doing my clutch and DP soon and was wondering if I should replace to trans mount or both while I have the transmission out...Just a little strapped for cash and nervous about NVH.

Clem604

Ready to race!
How are the BFI mounts treating you? I am doing my clutch and DP soon and was wondering if I should replace to trans mount or both while I have the transmission out...Just a little strapped for cash and nervous about NVH.
I love my BFI mounts, the NVH levels are perfect for me but I know that everyone has a different tolerance in terms of acceptable NVH. If you are local in the lower mainland I could give you a ride in my car if that will help your decision.