GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

V6 / VR6

CPT.Haddock

Passed Driver's Ed
has anyone swapped a V6 or a VR-6 in a MK7/7.5 ?

I mean.. I have the power I wanted already; it's just that... the sound !!

the sound of a 6 in a little hatchback

that's what I want !

I'm launching the idea randomly, but are there any kit to facilitate that kind of swap ?

NopeR

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
18 Golf R
If you want something different that sounds amazing just swap in an rs3 5cyl turbo and call it a day. Sound, power, no financial limits.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

Sparky589

Drag Racing Champion
For the amount of work and money involved I'd rather just send it with a 2.5t. More power and less weight than the VR6, and sounds better too if you ask me.

MeltedSolid

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'15 Golf, e36 328i
RS3's Inline 5 > VR6 and someone has done it before (would be infinitely better paired with a manual transmission though). Though I bet a VR6 would fit if you tried hard enough. I think the biggest issue would be to get any of the computers to talk to the ECU, but your luck would be dependent on the donor car. (i.e. What Blade said).

CPT.Haddock

Passed Driver's Ed
I too love the i5 sound!

thing is, I always did things differently

my mind is not "made up" yet

but someone already done that swap (to an R tho.. not on a TSi as I have) I wonder how much tires this thing would eat if it stays FWD

for a 6, someone suggested me the 3.6 off of an Atlas I don't necessarily want POWER... but more of a different/exotic sound

I'm actually serious about it, but it's not a swap I'd do ..like..tomorrow lol I'd like to put that on a lifespan of 2 to 4 years.. for the time to do research, accumulating parts, accumulating knowledge and most importantly; make it sound right :p

MeltedSolid

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'15 Golf, e36 328i
My ideal mk7 would be a manual golf R with the inline 5. Nobody has paired that inline 5 with a manual yet, and I think that would be a match made in heaven.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion

CPT.Haddock

Passed Driver's Ed
My ideal mk7 would be a manual golf R with the inline 5. Nobody has paired that inline 5 with a manual yet, and I think that would be a match made in heaven.

I agree a 2.5 manual would be epic!

just... audi/VW aren't legos like hondas.. correct me if I'm wrong, but; wouls a GTi 6 speed manual would fit on these ? or my mightier TSi 5 speed ?

MeltedSolid

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'15 Golf, e36 328i
The 5 speed would explode within minutes of fitting the inline 5, ask me how I know how much power the 5 speed can take :p.

VW is amazing with how lego like they are, especially with MQB, I think they even out-do the legoness of the legendary Subaru. I have a feeling that it will be hard to find a VW engine designed after 2007 that won't fit the GTI's 6 speed.

Last edited:

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion

VWnewb

Car(s)
Golf sportwagen
I’m considering a swap

Attachments

• 053C2A5E-53B6-451D-8725-F5363C3241F1.jpeg
    053C2A5E-53B6-451D-8725-F5363C3241F1.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 902