GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

V2.8 ECU Upgrade Now Available for MK7 Golf R / S3 / TTS (North America)

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
B8 S4, MK7 GSW TDI

We've updated our Stage 2 ECU Upgrades for 2015-2018 model year MK7 Golf R, S3 (8V), and TTS (8S) in North America to add new features that were first introduced on our newly released 2019 ECU Upgrade. The new features are available free from APR at all APR dealers and include the following tweaks:

- Auto Start-Stop now defaults to the off position.

- Pops and Bangs now has an optional “aggressive” or loud mode.

- Pops and Bangs now has 6MT and DSG specific files to ensure the modes only trigger when intended.

- Coolant temperature protection routines were tweaked to more aggressively protect the engine under extreme track conditions.

To find an APR dealer please visit https://www.goapr.com/dealer/

Go APR!

Last edited:

idriveastick

Ready to race!
After how you guys are handling the guy who blew his motor, and explicitly said he didn't blame you, yet you still refuse to work with him and/or comment publicly, not to mention you guys are banning him from your social media pages and not responding to his emails, and he offered to send you logs... no thanks!

Here's a link in case anyone hasn't seen it yet: https://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?9336503-2018-MK7-5-DSG-Golf-R-Blown-motor

Instead of "Go APR," it should be "No APR!"

Edit to update 9/6/19: APR did respond in that thread, coincidentally only after I posted this. This post was removed, then reinstated after Arin replied to the vortex thread. Regardless, it's only fair that the public knows about these kind of scenarios before moving forward with any company or product. While I admit, I was a little over-zealous in my initial post here, it still stands. You guys were basically silent for a couple of weeks, yet still posting elsewhere. That seemed like it was blatantly intentional, but who knows. What I do know is that you guys stopped replying to his emails and blocked him on social media for a period of time. If that isn't a red flag, I don't know what is. Now, of course, he's unblocked. But he did post screenshots of being blocked.

Last edited:

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
B8 S4, MK7 GSW TDI

nojorge

Car(s)
VW Jetta
I have a 2018 Golf R and I am planning an APR Stage 1 ECU tune in the near future. What version are we currently on for Stage 1 users? Is there a change log available?

The nearest tuner to me is a bit of a drive, so if a new revision is right around the corner, I might wait a little bit.

Cool Hand Luke

Passed Driver's Ed

Rafal

Ready to race!

We've updated our Stage 2 ECU Upgrades for 2015-2018 model year MK7 Golf R, S3 (8V), and TTS (8S) in North America to add new features that were first introduced on our newly released 2019 ECU Upgrade. The new features are available free from APR at all APR dealers and include the following tweaks:

- Auto Start-Stop now defaults to the off position.

- Pops and Bangs now has an optional “aggressive” or loud mode.

- Pops and Bangs now has 6MT and DSG specific files to ensure the modes only trigger when intended.

- Coolant temperature protection routines were tweaked to more aggressively protect the engine under extreme track conditions.

To find an APR dealer please visit https://www.goapr.com/dealer/

Go APR!
1. Do these Pops and Bangs only activate in DSG Sport and Manual but not in Normal and Comfort modes?
2. Are they any different to the Pops and Bangs already introduced in the previous software update?
3. Is this update ONLY for North America but not for the rest of the World, Australia?

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
B8 S4, MK7 GSW TDI
1. Do these Pops and Bangs only activate in DSG Sport and Manual but not in Normal and Comfort modes?

Correct, not in normal / comfort.

2. Are they any different to the Pops and Bangs already introduced in the previous software update?

Yes, soft and loud options now (as well as off).

3. Is this update ONLY for North America but not for the rest of the World, Australia?

Currently only the US files are updated. ROW will come later.