GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

V2.0.x Software now available for the MK7 GTI / A3 Platform 2.0T

YamR1rider

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport DSG
I've got the General GMAX RS summer UHPs - good value for money I thought at about $110 apiece. Had them on for about 10k now, no complaints also seem to be wearing fairly well.

Those times recorded using 3500rpm launch and also leaving traction control on (I have APR DSG tune also). If I do the whole long press 'ESC Sport' thang I seem to lose a couple of 10ths.

The Fat and the Furriness

Passed Driver's Ed
I've got the General GMAX RS summer UHPs - good value for money I thought at about $110 apiece. Had them on for about 10k now, no complaints also seem to be wearing fairly well.

Those times recorded using 3500rpm launch and also leaving traction control on (I have APR DSG tune also). If I do the whole long press 'ESC Sport' thang I seem to lose a couple of 10ths.
I'll have to give the launch a try with a similar setting, though I keep RPM at 3000 normally. I can't run summer tires all year where I live in Virginia, and I just don't have the storage space or the means to quickly change them. This time of year it can be 60°+ F in the afternoon with a morning low around 20° F. :eek: The weather is too chaotic most of the year for anything other than all-season compounds. Now, if I only had a full NASCAR pit crew to whip my tires on and off before I headed out each day. :unsure:

AERO

Go Kart Newbie
Any high altitude folks running the V2.0 software yet?

I'm in the Denver area and just wanting any feedback on high elevation people.

Trying to decide between stage 1 or stage 2

Damfino

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI SE PP
I live at 7,000 ft with local mountain roads around 10,000 ft and have used the following APR tunes over the last 60k miles:
  • V1 IS20 Stage 1 91 octane
  • V1 IS38 91 octane
  • V2 IS38 AWD 91 octane loud pops and bangs
The original IS20 tune was abrupt with building boost quickly. Felt fast and easily spun the tires (Michelin A/S 3). Where as the latest V2 IS38 AWD tune (Firestone Indy 500 tires) is ultimately faster on the top end. The boost comes on more gradually and is much easier to modulate. It feels OEM+ and has been very reliable as a daily driver and with the occasional track day. I like that the pops and bangs are selectable. Leaving it in Drive and they are nonexistent. Putting it in Manual or Sport allows it to crackle if the RPMs get over 3k RPM during a downshift. Definitely gives the engine more personality. I'd recommend the APR tunes to anyone that wants to stay with the typical bolt-ons.

GeorgeTDI

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf Mk6 TDI
It's not really an issue I can discuss over the phone. A direct contact here would be better.