GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Using one Tuner's ECU tune with another's DSG Tune

Ajagustin94

Car(s)
2016 mk7 Gti
Don't know if this was covered, but I'll be getting an AP with a sneekytuned stage 2 map. It doesn't appear he has any dsg tunes, so I'm looking into EQT for their dsg tune. Any issues mix and matching these tunes?

zucchinies

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2020 A3
I did this with EQT ECU tune and stratified DSG. I can't explain it well but it just felt off. Once I got the EQT DSG tune everything felt normal and the car shifts were exactly where I wanted it to be.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Don't know if this was covered, but I'll be getting an AP with a sneekytuned stage 2 map. It doesn't appear he has any dsg tunes, so I'm looking into EQT for their dsg tune. Any issues mix and matching these tunes?
That is fine. I ran a local companies tune and Stratified DSG tune no problems.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I did this with EQT ECU tune and stratified DSG. I can't explain it well but it just felt off. Once I got the EQT DSG tune everything felt normal and the car shifts were exactly where I wanted it to be.
It was because EQT 's DSG tune is better not because the ECU tune and DSG tune were from different companies.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
It was because EQT 's DSG tune is better not because the ECU tune and DSG tune were from different companies.
Man I don’t get that. A ton of folks here talk it up as much as a bunch of others diss the eqt dsg tune.

I drove a GTI with the dsg tune. I didn’t drive it aggressively and I only drove it for maybe two or three miles. But it felt fine.

why is the eqt dsg tune kinda polarizing?

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Man I don’t get that. A ton of folks here talk it up as much as a bunch of others diss the eqt dsg tune.

I drove a GTI with the dsg tune. I didn’t drive it aggressively and I only drove it for maybe two or three miles. But it felt fine.

why is the eqt dsg tune kinda polarizing?
I now have the EQT DSG tune and it's superior to the Stratified DSG I had. In Drive they are about the same but the Sport mode with EQT is way better. Regardless of the speed you are going just pull the shifter back to switch to Sport mode and it just instantly drops to the proper gear depending upon throttle input.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
I now have the EQT DSG tune and it's superior to the Stratified DSG I had. In Drive they are about the same but the Sport mode with EQT is way better. Regardless of the speed you are going just pull the shifter back to switch to Sport mode and it just instantly drops to the proper gear depending upon throttle input.
Gotcha. I remember reading one dude say that the eqt dsg tune felt u finished or like a work in progress or something. Then another guy agreed with him

when I drove it (it was in s) it felt fine to me.

GTI_Owner

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI
When I asked you about your comparison b/w these two previously you said you did not have the current Stratified DSG tune. I get that you mention here it was the tune "you had", but you're comparing EQT with the old Stratified DSG tune that they no longer offer.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
When I asked you about your comparison b/w these two previously you said you did not have the current Stratified DSG tune. I get that you mention here it was the tune "you had", but you're comparing EQT with the old Stratified DSG tune that they no longer offer.
I was happy with the EQT DSG tune so it wasn't necessary to go back to the Stratified DSG tune.

Gvazquez

Go Kart Champion
Kind of on topic and not to de rail the OP but what about custom eurodyne ecu with either APR or UM dsg tune? Trying to see if a different tcu tune will allow me to take advantage of my built head and let me shift past 6800 rpm

arob157

Drag Racing Champion
Kind of on topic and not to de rail the OP but what about custom eurodyne ecu with either APR or UM dsg tune? Trying to see if a different tcu tune will allow me to take advantage of my built head and let me shift past 6800 rpm

I am running Eurodyne Maestro ECU tunes and running EQT's Vortex/Stage 3 DSG tune. Works super well. My Eurodyne ECU based launch control still functions just fine and is RPM programable.

GTI_Owner

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI
I was happy with the EQT DSG tune so it wasn't necessary to go back to the Stratified DSG tune.
You're comparing EQTs current tune to a Strat tune that was superseded last year. You don't have any experience with the product Stratified is now selling.

It would be helpful to clarify that you are giving your opinion of a Stratified product that people reading your comment cannot purchase. Otherwise your comment is misleading since it gives the impression you are comparing currently available tunes, which is not the case.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
You're comparing EQTs current tune to a Strat tune that was superseded last year. You don't have any experience with the product Stratified is now selling.

It would be helpful to clarify that you are giving your opinion of a Stratified product that people reading your comment cannot purchase. Otherwise your comment is misleading since it gives the impression you are comparing currently available tunes, which is not the case.
Sorry I could only compare them at the time I bought them. I wasn't aware Strat updated their DSG tune. Can't keep buying the updated version but it would have been nice if Strat would have let me know a newer tune was available.