GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Used GTI prices are nearly as high as those for new MK7.5s

Albee

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 GTI
Bought my 17 SE in November of 17 for $26,500. They even dealer traded for the exact color I wanted. They had already announced the better warranty on the 18's so they were really dealing on the 17's.

krvnked

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5
was there a particular reason for that ??? sudden change to 7.5??? trying to make the 7 more desirable? economy? I dont really remember what the world was like at the time

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
was there a particular reason for that ??? sudden change to 7.5??? trying to make the 7 more desirable? economy? I dont really remember what the world was like at the time
I got a good deal on my 17 SE with leather, I paid $27k. I even did okay on my 18 SE with cloth and paid $28.5k. I think there was a pretty heavy supply of 17s before they released the 7.5 and extended the warranty, so there was a lot of inventory of both 7s and 7.5s on the lot when I bought my 18, they were offering remaining 17s for $5k off with no haggling. If they'd had a silver manual, I'd have considered it, but it nice nice to still have some warranty left on my 18, especially if they can get me my Mk8 R before that warranty runs out.

krvnked

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5
I got a good deal on my 17 SE with leather, I paid $27k. I even did okay on my 18 SE with cloth and paid $28.5k. I think there was a pretty heavy supply of 17s before they released the 7.5 and extended the warranty, so there was a lot of inventory of both 7s and 7.5s on the lot when I bought my 18, they were offering remaining 17s for $5k off with no haggling. If they'd had a silver manual, I'd have considered it, but it nice nice to still have some warranty left on my 18, especially if they can get me my Mk8 R before that warranty runs out.
se with cloth???? that existed?

Maiden69

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI
I'm still on the waiting list for a MK8 R. When my name comes up, I'll decide then if I pull the trigger. Good thing is the deposit is refundable and the cars are selling at MSRP, which is still too much if you ask me.

Yes, if you buy from a VW dealership they are doing MSRP, at least most of them. But if you look at the online websites they are ripping people up because there are not that many 22 models being delivered. I did a search yesterday and there were at least 5 blue 2022 Gof R that were selling for over $60k. I hope nobody buys them and they have to sell for what they bought them for.

I even looked at used RS3's and the 2019 are selling for more than the price of the 2023's coming into dealerships right now.

SteveRedGTI

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2020 GTI S
I got my 2020 GTI S for $23,500 last week of February, 2021. Had just over 5,000 miles. I've seen what the dealer's and online hustlers get for it now and I have to laugh.

FooDogg

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Alltrack S 6MT
you got the 17 S new for 22k????
Dieselgate....VW was paying $1000 in loyalty money if you bot new, even if NOT one of the affected models, nor with a trade-in.

2017 Alltrack S 6mt 22.5k net before taxes

D.Gage

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 Gti
such a good deal. Picked my ‘17 up in early 2018 (feb 1st)

4ED62E46-3E30-4917-8992-C36CA83EB4B8.jpeg

mrmatto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2024 GTI DSG
I bought my '15 CPO with ~54k miles on it last September for ~$17,500. Almost immediately prices were going up, with Carvana offering me nearly $19k a month after I bought it. Today, with 64,000 miles, I could sell to Carvana for $18,700 if I de-mod it.

Def. not gonna do that though. There's no way I could re-buy an equivalent car for that money.

Last edited:

cb1111

I bought my '15 CPO with ~54k miles on it last September for ~$17,500. Almost immediately prices were going up, with Carvana offering me nearly $19k a month after I bought it. Today, with 64,000 miles, I could sell to Carvana for $18,700 if I de-mod it.

Def. not gonna do that though. There's no way I could re-buy an equivalent car for that money.
And that is the problem. I could make a nice tidy profit on my two 2019 Alltrack SELs, but what would I buy?

mrmatto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2024 GTI DSG
And that is the problem. I could make a nice tidy profit on my two 2019 Alltrack SELs, but what would I buy?
I think the ideal situation is you’re a multi car household and can go without one of them for a while and wait for prices to drop. Maybe even invest the money in the meantime 🤷‍♂️