GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Used GTI prices are nearly as high as those for new MK7.5s

Zodiac

Passed Driver's Ed
Read the "sold one to vroom" thread over at the leasehckr forum. Really bad feedback from users keep me from using them.
Most of the complaints are from buying out leases and 3rd parties which is what a lot of people are having issues with. Vroom is great sold 3 cars to them.

spaceworm

Passed Driver's Ed
Yeah, but no problems with caravana, carmax and shift. Vroom just doesn’t have the support infrastructure, they are a little more disorganized.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I've sold two cars to Carvana. Both transactions were seamless. In one case Carvana was a couple of grand more that Vroom, in the second, a couple of hundred less, but it was dead simple and they hand you a check - which, IMO, is better than "we'll transfer the money in a couple of days" - If I give somebody my car then I want my money now. The Vroom model "we'll take your car, look at it and send you a check" doesn't work for me.

Agreed. I'd take less to sell to Carvana (or pay more to buy from). I've heard a pretty even 50/50 mix of good and bad things from Vroom. Which is way too much bad. Barely heard anything bad about Carvana.

Although, Vroom was willing to give me $18,180 for my 2016 SE w/ 56k miles. I paid $18,300 two years ago with 32k miles...

Unreal1

Autocross Champion
Sounds like you guys haven't been on Carvana's reddit. There are plenty of negative experiences out there. I can say for certain that Vroom at least thoroughly reconditions and details their vehicles, whereas Carvana will send you vehicles that are a complete mess. For whatever that is worth. I know it's just a small piece to the overall experience, but still...

Although, Vroom was willing to give me $18,180 for my 2016 SE w/ 56k miles. I paid $18,300 two years ago with 32k miles...

I'm assuming that's with performance pack? For some reason they only offered me $14k for my SE, performance pack, Fender, park assist, DCC. I'm at 69k miles, but doesn't seem like it should lower it that much. I was expecting at least $16k.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Sounds like you guys haven't been on Carvana's reddit. There are plenty of negative experiences out there. I can say for certain that Vroom at least thoroughly reconditions and details their vehicles, whereas Carvana will send you vehicles that are a complete mess. For whatever that is worth. I know it's just a small piece to the overall experience, but still...

I'm assuming that's with performance pack? For some reason they only offered me $14k for my SE, performance pack, Fender, park assist, DCC. I'm at 69k miles, but doesn't seem like it should lower it that much. I was expecting at least $16k.
What year of car?

cb1111

Just like I won't give somebody my car without having the money (check) in hand, I also wouldn't buy a used car from a third party sight unseen.

turbo_dreams

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
This craziness has been making me think about selling mine to carmax. No idea what I'd replace it with though.

spaceworm

Passed Driver's Ed
I think I will go ahead and sell. 2016 gti s DSG just turned 60k - offer 18k
That is 4-5k above normal trade in value. Was going to keep it but it’s just too good an offer.

will just drive my oldie A6 for 6-12 months and see if market has corrected a bit. Now to take off all the mods....😒

D.Gage

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 Gti
That is 4-5k above normal trade in value. Was going to keep it but it’s just too good an offer.

will just drive my oldie A6 for 6-12 months and see if market has corrected a bit. Now to take off all the mods....😒
Who offered that????

BigCanoe

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
I sold my last car to Carvana, it was painless and the price was good. I just bought my new car (dumb, inflated market) off a regular dealer. It reminded me how much the process sucks!

oryo

Car(s)
Golf GTI mk7

Well... If you do, let me know what mods you have? I just got my '15 DSG this week and am actively looking to quirk it up 😅