GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Used Car Prices Keep Getting More Shocking

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
We could easily pay for those social programs instead of building a police state, with private prisons and the highest percentage of imprisoned citizens in the world. Do you know how much we spent on our police state and prisons? There's never a lack of money for war, corporate bailouts and tax cuts for billionaires.

It's not about money. The money is there. It's about priorities. Our county made a conscious choice in the 1960's to start a mass incarceration campaign, using drugs as a cover, to specify target minorities, after they won voting rights and protections against discrimination. We spend $180 billion a year on policing and imprisoning Americans. That's insane, not spending money to educate people, pay for child care, etc.....

https://eji.org/news/nixon-war-on-drugs-designed-to-criminalize-black-people/
The problems are so many and immense that at this point I wouldn't know where to start to discuss it. The only thing I'll say is that 180 billion $ is a drop in the bucket compared to what's needed. And the what's needed won't be attempted because of our politicians. Each party wants what they want and nothing will get done.

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT
Well clearly the way to start fixing things is to call out all these egregious injustices on an obscure volkswagen tuner forum.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
Well clearly the way to start fixing things is to call out all these egregious injustices on an obscure volkswagen tuner forum.
Tweet this thread to your senators.

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI
While I obviously never respond to anything seriously let me say one thing here.

Discussions like this one are exactly how the process of fixing what we the people perceive as unacceptable begin. A reasonable discussion on what we like/don't like about real policies rather than tribal politics affect how we all perceive the issues. Simply put the more you talk with someone (reasonable) who has an opposing viewpoint to your own pulls you slightly more toward the middle in understanding an issue. Political parties can draw easy lines when everyone is tribal, when people better understand the opposing viewpoint they tend to listen more closely to what politicians are saying and not just pay attention to if they have a D, I, L, or R next to thier name. (God forbid you consider someone with a G, enjoy throwing away your vote). This has a trickle down effect not just to the presidential race but to congressional and local races. Political parties know better than anyone that all races are local, and the easy way to draw an easy map is to make everyone tribal. From there you can just gerrymander your way to victory.

It's also why making its biden's fault or trump's fault quips are not only pointless but create a roadblock in actually understanding each other.

Now that I've said all that, meow.

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
While I obviously never respond to anything seriously let me say one thing here.

Discussions like this one are exactly how the process of fixing what we the people perceive as unacceptable begin. A reasonable discussion on what we like/don't like about real policies rather than tribal politics affect how we all perceive the issues. Simply put the more you talk with someone (reasonable) who has an opposing viewpoint to your own pulls you slightly more toward the middle in understanding an issue. Political parties can draw easy lines when everyone is tribal, when people better understand the opposing viewpoint they tend to listen more closely to what politicians are saying and not just pay attention to if they have a D, I, L, or R next to thier name. (God forbid you consider someone with a G, enjoy throwing away your vote). This has a trickle down effect not just to the presidential race but to congressional and local races. Political parties know better than anyone that all races are local, and the easy way to draw an easy map is to make everyone tribal. From there you can just gerrymander your way to victory.

It's also why making its biden's fault or trump's fault quips are not only pointless but create a roadblock in actually understanding each other.

1641356224782.png

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG

Meow right back at you 😺.

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Expand the child care tax credit )payments, not credits) to keep paying people not to work
Add universal pre-K and paid leave for citizens and non-citizens
Medicaid expansion for citizens and non-citizens
Raise the SALT tax deduction limit for heavily Democrat high tax states
Free daycare for citizens and non-citizens
Free college tuition for citizens and non-citizens
Amnesty for illegal immigrants
Hundreds of billions to "combat climate change" when the two biggest polluters continue to escalate their economies and pollute even more
Federalizing the election system
And so much more!

None of this has anything to do with paying for "what corporations need".

Two years of this ($2.4B) are paid for by taxing corporations at a rate higher than any of our competing nations, forcing more job exporting, and further eroding the middle class. They are banking that once these programs are put in place, there will not be the political will to defund them.

It's a social justice bill driven by elitists who want to further the divide in this country.
Outsourcing jobs to the third world periphery is independent of corporate taxes. It's a natural result of the drive to increase profits.

How is medical care for all, as well as universal pre-k, and at least reigning in the higher education industry going to divide the country?

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
We could easily pay for those social programs instead of building a police state, with private prisons and the highest percentage of imprisoned citizens in the world. Do you know how much we spent on our police state and prisons? There's never a lack of money for war, corporate bailouts and tax cuts for billionaires.

It's not about money. The money is there. It's about priorities. Our county made a conscious choice in the 1960's to start a mass incarceration campaign, using drugs as a cover, to specify target minorities, after they won voting rights and protections against discrimination. We spend $180 billion a year on policing and imprisoning Americans. That's insane, not spending money to educate people, pay for child care, etc.....

https://eji.org/news/nixon-war-on-drugs-designed-to-criminalize-black-people/

For once you posted something sensible.

shovelhd

Autocross Champion
Corporation don't need workers to have child care, have children, and don't need workers or educated workers?

Do you not understand literally how ANYTHING works? We're in the midst of a demographic collapse, not as severe as China's coming collapse, but you're just seeing the start of this labor shortage, which we've know was coming, but has been accelerated by the pandemic.

I also already posted US effective corporate tax rate compared to other developed countries. We're not even close to the highest. You can't just make to c your own facts.

Trump passes massive permanent tax cuts for the wealthy and corporations and temporary tax cuts for workers that expire in 2025 and leave the poorest workers with a tax increase. You think he's not an elitist.

Democrats call for education, child care, health care and for working people and THEY'RE elitists?

How does your brain even come up with something so asinine? You're like a French peasant calling revolution, because you want less taxes for the nobles and less for food your own family. Smart.

Congratulations. You aced your progressive elitist debate class. You hit all of the main concepts:

Make every counterpoint binary, i.e. workers don't need child care or an education. I never said they didn't. I want them to pay for it like the rest of us do, not create a Green New Deal massive social justice program to pay for it.
Insult your intelligence.
Accuse you of making up facts.
TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP
Insult you personally.

Nice job.

One thing you said I'll agree with. We are in a demographic collapse (I'd call it a long term slowdown) and a labor shortage that's not totally related to the pandemic. We disagree on how to address it. You want massive social programs, I prefer a thriving economy.