GOLFMKV

used car market ... wtf

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

Golfs everyday

Autocross Newbie
My Golf-R was $42K flat OTD cash back in 2017 (they only had the fully loaded trim) which was the same price I paid on my STI.

If you have other cars, now is a nice time to sell.

Smart money would part it out and unload it.

Yeah, I have other cars, but I'm going to keep my FiST because the car exhibits no mechanical problems, I like it for what it is with the mods I put on it, and no rush to sell. It was just funny to see I can possibly make money selling it right now. There are no more new ones coming out, so I better keep it in pristine condition.

j255c

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R Manual

chamisool

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Evolution 8, GTI SE
I was browsing and saw a few used 2018 GTI SE for 28K with ~20k miles.
A new 2020 GTI SE is going for 29-30K. It's pretty unreal.

j255c

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R Manual
Picking up a 2018 Golf R with 18,5XX manual black for 35.5 private sale.

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
R's, at least in the case of the MK6 and prior, seem to keep their value very well. GTI's and Wagens going for near new prices is nutty, I kinda get it with the Nicer R's.

Sleep7R

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2019 Golf R DSG
I could sell my R right now for more than I bought it for new. Tempted to do it and switch to an RS3, lol. But I need the hatch.

ourlee

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
17 TT 17 GTI S
Wouldn’t you kill for a s3/rs3 hatch KILL KILL
sigh.....

cb1111

Window stickers are window stickers. Few cars go for the price on the window sticker. Volkswagens in America DEFINITELY don't go for the price on the window sticker.
Actually, most R's sold for sticker or above. VW discounts, rebates (military, partner, grad etc.) and special financing never applied to the R. Initially, many R's went for well above sticker, after the initial run, many were sold at sticker and it wasn't until stocks dwindled early this year that some dealers started offering tiny discounts.

I don't know if any were even were sold at anything approaching invoice.