GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

used car market ... wtf

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
Yup. The Market is really weird right now with the way the economy and Covid have been. I looked long and hard at wagons until I happened upon mine for a song. Wagons and Hatches in So Cal at the moment seem to be highly sought after. Craigslist gets even better.

9uns

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
gti
Yup. The Market is really weird right now with the way the economy and Covid have been. I looked long and hard at wagons until I happened upon mine for a song. Wagons and Hatches in So Cal at the moment seem to be highly sought after. Craigslist gets even better.

might be time for an f80 m3.

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
See what you can find. I decided for a little more I'd grab a used '17 base GSW FWD 6spd non DSG over a late/early 90s/2000s Subaru Outback. Hell, people are asking 3K+ for 95ish Outbacks with leaking head gaskets. It's kinda nuts. I got lucky and grabbed mine for 11.5 with 40k on the clock.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
it seems far off, but not TOO far off. I was seeing pretty similar #'s a year ago when i was on the hunt every day for a manual SE performance/lighting package car. It's a 'rare' combo to find, finding a nice clean low mileage one was even harder. At a few points in time there were only a few in the world for sale, and none had DCC.

Finally scored mine for a few grand less than what you found, but private sale and ~60k miles. 100% recommend private sale if you are able

9uns

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
gti
it seems far off, but not TOO far off. I was seeing pretty similar #'s a year ago when i was on the hunt every day for a manual SE performance/lighting package car. It's a 'rare' combo to find, finding a nice clean low mileage one was even harder. At a few points in time there were only a few in the world for sale, and none had DCC.

Finally scored mine for a few grand less than what you found, but private sale and ~60k miles. 100% recommend private sale if you are able

I already have my 17 SE MT LP PP. Picked up brand new in Dec-17 for $25k otd. Just paid it off so was curious to see what my car would get in the used car market and just thought it was interesting to see such high prices.

woodardhsd

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2020 GTI S DSG
is this real life? got my 17 SE 4dr 6spd PP/LP back in Dec-17 for $25k otd. wild.

Agreed 100%. Looking at a couple 2017 Sport DSG's, and I'm seeing prices from $21,500 to $23,000. These aren't even CPO models. I feel like it's gotten worse since I started seriously looking a few months ago.

At some point the bubble is going to pop, I just don't know when.

9uns

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
gti
Agreed 100%. Looking at a couple 2017 Sport DSG's, and I'm seeing prices from $21,500 to $23,000. These aren't even CPO models. I feel like it's gotten worse since I started seriously looking a few months ago.

yeah i could've sworn seeing similar cars going for $18-19 maybe 6 months ago?

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT
Wonder if it’s the same phenomenon as Facebook marketplace and LetGo in that you see people selling used Ikea furniture and old clothes and shit for more than they retail at.

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3

Carvana offered me $19.5 for my Sport with 18,500 miles about two weeks ago.

woodardhsd

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2020 GTI S DSG
Anyone interested in a $30,000 Rabbit? How about 3 of them? Lindsay VW near DC has three ranging from $29,244 - $30,877. Holy shit!

Weren't these going for low 20's in the before-fore times?

Ezekiel81923

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Volkswagen GTI
I got my 2019 S for $24.4k (no trade, before taxes and fees) back in August. 8k miles, CPO. I felt like that was a decent deal but admittedly I was looking at other cars until the 11th hour ans then ended up in a GTI real quick so I have no idea.

On the flip side, I got $3k for my old car which has no business being on the road right now.

Last edited: