GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Used 2018 Autobhan vs CPO 2019 SE w/ experience package

Sparky589

Drag Racing Champion
I've heard that the 7-spd DSG has inferior stock programming than the 6-spd, and is prone to hunting for gears a lot more than the original transmission.

Not to mention the 2018 is an Autobahn, and as such is equipped with DCC while the 2019 SE is stuck with the fixed dampers. Since you want to keep the car stock, I'd take the adaptive dampers over the fixed.

bobloblawGTI

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
19 GTI SE 6MT
Not to mention the 2018 is an Autobahn, and as such is equipped with DCC while the 2019 SE is stuck with the fixed dampers. Since you want to keep the car stock, I'd take the adaptive dampers over the fixed.
He mentioned the 2019 SE has the experience package, which includes DCC as well.

ScorpionT16

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2019 MK7.5 Autobahn
I test drove a 2018 Autobahn, and a week later, I bought a 2019 Autobahn.

Not sure what it was, though I found the 2019 to be much better. I've had the 2019 for about 3 weeks now, and the 7 spd DSG is very good, honestly not sure why people resist change and progress and call the 6 speed better. We have a Tiguan with the 6 speed, and the 7 is smoother, more efficient, and has longer service intervals.

dequardo

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
‘21 GLI Autobahn GLI
Agree with this except for the longer service interval. Still 40000

ScorpionT16

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2019 MK7.5 Autobahn
Agree with this except for the longer service interval. Still 40000

Its 80k...

dequardo

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
‘21 GLI Autobahn GLI
Thanks. Interesting and I know this has come up before. Could have sworn there was a supplement that came out prior that said 40k. Yours above is certainly explicit. I have a 19 GLI DSG and have not received that. In my manual it reads 80k (Golf R only) which begs other questions and I presume the reason for the supplement above being sent.

All that notwithstanding I’ll stick to the 40k interval for mine.

ScorpionT16

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2019 MK7.5 Autobahn
That wasn't a sheet I got, I found it somewhere posted on VWVortex.

When I purchased mine, the service center said it's a 60k kms service interval recommended, even though all records show 80k miles for the GTI 7 speed. I'll call closer to the time and confirm. So VW claims it's almost double the intervals, if people/dealers choose to do it the same as the 6 speed, I guess no harm other than a lighter wallet.