GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

US color options

nojorge

Car(s)
VW Jetta
I had been set on getting a MK7 GTI, but as I am waiting, I am starting to reconsider possibly getting an R instead.

Since this is only a recent change of heart, I don't really know much about what information has come out about the eventual launch of the R in the US. So please forgive me, but:

do we have any information on what colors will be available in the US when the R is finally available?

Please, please, please let Limestone Gray be one of them...

slush.puppie

Ready to race!
no info on exterior colors yet as far as i've heard. i would bet on 5 "colors": lapiz blue, black, white, red, carbon steel.

Al_in_Philly

Autocross Newbie
i would bet on 5 "colors": lapiz blue, black, white, red, carbon steel.

Carbon Steel isn't one of the colors which VW has painted the R in, anywhere. But Limestone Gray is a far more likely color you might find a US Golf in, as that seems to be the most popular of the gray shades for the R (the more common on basic Golfs "Reflex Silver" being the other shade of gray). My guess is that they'll run the full color gamut on the NA R's--if anything, perhaps consolidating one of the whites, grays, or blues--with a heavy bias towards Lapiz Blue models.

Here's a link to the UK color chart: http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/new/golf-gti-vii/configure/paint/1701/1706. While in the UK they charge extra for every color but red, VW hasn't been charging extra for some of the same metallic paints on the Mk7 GTI, so I don't expect to see a surcharge for most colors here, except Oryx White (if it's offered), and possibly Lapiz Blue due to the anticipated higher demand.

slush.puppie

Ready to race!
Carbon Steel isn't one of the colors which VW has painted the R in, anywhere. But Limestone Gray is a far more likely color you might find a US Golf in, as that seems to be the most popular of the gray shades for the R (the more common on basic Golfs "Reflex Silver" being the other shade of gray). My guess is that they'll run the full color gamut on the NA R's--if anything, perhaps consolidating one of the whites, grays, or blues--with a heavy bias towards Lapiz Blue models.

Here's a link to the UK color chart: http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/new/golf-gti-vii/configure/paint/1701/1706. While in the UK they charge extra for every color but red, VW hasn't been charging extra for some of the same metallic paints on the Mk7 GTI, so I don't expect to see a surcharge for most colors here, except Oryx White (if it's offered), and possibly Lapiz Blue due to the anticipated higher demand.

my bad. the mk6 r was offered in carbon steel right? that's probably what i was thinking of.