GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Urgent please help, has this happened to anyone else?

Quinn 98

Car(s)
MK7 Golf GT 209BHP
Driving normally, went to overtake a slowing car and hit 3000rpm and this badboy decides to break and give my car the biggest blowoff ever.

Attachments

• IMG_4313.jpeg
    IMG_4313.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 258
  • IMG_4311.jpeg
    IMG_4311.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 245
  • IMG_4312.jpeg
    IMG_4312.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 262

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate

Quinn 98

Car(s)
MK7 Golf GT 209BHP
Nope....

has the Forge hose pushed the pipe out forcing the clip to strain more??.....

The "adaptor" part with two new O-rings.. is part number 18 04E 145 875 F....(yours is a 1.4lt 140PS or 150PS?)

exhaust manifold with turbo- charger - Golf/Variant/4Motion(GOLF) [EUROPA 2016 year] (7zap.com)
That is a possiablity however iv had that hose on for over a year and its been fine iv ordered a new clip which comes tomorrow so not major. and yes its the 1.4 GT 150

Quinn 98

Car(s)
MK7 Golf GT 209BHP
04E145875F - this is part that’s failed, all replaced now however I think it’s abit silly to have bare plastic attached straight onto the hot side of the turbo but I’m no engineer. £35 for the part so Notting to cry about. Thanks for everyone’s help

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 68

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
04E145875F - this is part that’s failed, all replaced now however I think it’s abit silly to have bare plastic attached straight onto the hot side of the turbo but I’m no engineer. £35 for the part so Notting to cry about. Thanks for everyone’s help

Its the cold side of the turbo..not the hot side...

VDubberinDE

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2018 VW Golf R
I would say you are ok, most likely someone damaged it at one point and it finally gave way. That plastic is really strong and is not known for failures.

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
whats the forge thing?

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
whats the forge thing?

Silicon hose to replace the OEM one which has the Helmholtz resonator "pan pipes" ..basically the OEM is quiet...the Forge one adds intake noise

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
Silicon hose to replace the OEM one which has the Helmholtz resonator "pan pipes" ..basically the OEM is quiet...the Forge one adds intake noise
Is this a Euro thing? My car only has 1 intake tube

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion