GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Urgent help: Unable to compress piston (replacing brake pads)

tmw2442

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 R
I would also invest in a pressure bleeder...if you get any air in the ABS module...30psi from a pressure bleeder is the VW workshop way of getting it out...

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
not for the rear calipers with a manual parking brake.

Reading comprehension is non existent. Did that for the fronts. Not rears. Sorry.

Ghost GTI

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'19 GTI SE DSG
Gonna throw in another question in this thread, hopefully someone will see. I have an '19 SE and the front brake pad I purchased from Centric came with the wear sensor. When I removed the OEM brake pads, they did not have sensors. Without thinking I just removed it from the new pads. Based on what I read, PP cars should have it. Wondering why mine didn't and whether I fucked up removing the sensor from the new pads (installed it without thinking since the OEM didn't have it, I should be good)

Last edited:

Ghost GTI

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'19 GTI SE DSG
Wow. Just wow.
How about you elaborate on your shitty response? I'm here asking because I want to learn.

The pads that came with the car did not have the sensor, neither was there a place for me to plug it in if I wanted to. So by logic I assumed it wasn't needed.

Eman1

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 GTI
How about you elaborate on your shitty response? I'm here asking because I want to learn.

The pads that came with the car did not have the sensor, neither was there a place for me to plug it in if I wanted to. So by logic I assumed it wasn't needed.

When I replaced pads (2018 SE) the new set came with a wear sensor, and the originals did not. I snipped the wire and they have been functioning correctly.

Navi

Autocross Champion

no thanks