GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Upgraded to an R

Gimpster

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2019 VW Golf R
Hey everyone, ... just got my hands on a 2019 R w/3800 miles for cheap. If you have the means and are comfortable, I'd call this a hell of a time to buy a car. This was a massive Toyota dealer and over the 3 hours I was there............... I was the only customer on the lot and they were ready to deal.

Anyway... really enjoying the build quality of this car over the GTI and my first non-manual transmission in a long time. No regrets so far on going DSG. Whomever traded this in bought literally every official VW accessory I think. They were all shrinkwrapped/unopened in the hatch area. So thanks to whomever that was!

Attachments

• 48c8ace8179f4d97b6bc3b6e759c75d7.jpg
    48c8ace8179f4d97b6bc3b6e759c75d7.jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 269
  • 489247a170584bd4ab868f023b2de5da.jpg
    489247a170584bd4ab868f023b2de5da.jpg
    139.6 KB · Views: 291
  • e113e0c91b0b489cad776c7cf3e4218c.jpg
    e113e0c91b0b489cad776c7cf3e4218c.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 280

kevinkar

Drag Racing Champion
Yay!

Care to share what price you paid? What about the list of extras in the hatch? The car came with a few items such as first aid kit, rubber mats, etc. Wonder if the first owner just didn't unwrap them.

Gimpster

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2019 VW Golf R
The car came with the "cargo" system, muddybuddy, the scratch protector for the rear bumper (bumperdillo?), window visors, sunshades, folding box and R license plate frame. Every single one of these items was still in its plastic wrap except the muddybuddy, along with the stock cloth floor mats. Prior owner also applied some sort of clear bra to the front, and appears to be ceramic coated.

The car was $32300 before sales tax / registration transfer fees after negotiation. I feel this was a very fair price given the car is basically brand new, has all of those accessories and full factory warranty. Edit: Technically not a CPO, but given its age miles.. who cares?

I had actually walked out of the dealer after we couldn't get it to where I wanted, and I had every intention of leaving. As I was using hand sanitizer in my car, they came out and knocked on the window of my car and said come on back in.

Edit: I thought it was interesting they bought the CarGo AND Muddybuddy... as I have to have one or the other installed for it to fit right it seems? I only had CarGo in the GTI.

Last edited:

SD11

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 VW GTI SE DSG
That's a good deal...… I was going to ask if you looked at a new one considering the 0% financing, but that is a good enough deal and I agree that mileage is nothing.... lot of car for the money... Have fun!!!

Gimpster

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2019 VW Golf R
I did consider new 0%, but the selection in Central Florida was pretty weak except for GTI's. My credit union did 2.7% for 48 months, so I felt like the delta between a brand-brand new car and this wasn't worth trying to get one transferred up here. Thanks, very happy with it!

NopeR

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
18 Golf R
Congrats! Love that colour.

new R Fan 2018

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
MK7.5 R
Great price!! I have the same color and trans.('18) You're gonna love the AWD feature. Think it's quick now, wait til ya tune it! Enjoy!!

Mk7noob85

Congrats! Time to change the siggy! Also you're local to me (Orlando). Check out Drive Florida, they host rallys around central florida and are great fun. I take mine any chance I get. They have a couple events that got pushed back due to virus, but there are also track day / drive events later this year.

Now, Go get a ECU/TCU tune!

Gimpster

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2019 VW Golf R
No mods happening for a long time on this I'm afraid! Not after a couple experiences I had on the GTI.

I'll look that group up. I moved up from S.FL recently, so definetly looking for new events/meets.