GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Upgraded suspension

Chapstick

Car(s)
2019 golf gti
I was just curious on any recommendation on coil overs what works best and what doesn’t work I have a 2019 golf gti and I want it lowered about 2-4 inches

Gvazquez

Go Kart Champion
What is your budget?

Chapstick

Car(s)
2019 golf gti
2-4 inches is ALOT. I don't think 4 is possible without bags and even then that's a stretch.
Okay thank you to be honest I’m new to mods I just know I want it to be lower then it is and I want something that’ll be worth it , and bags are definitely out of the budget 😅

DarkArrow

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'18 R
Okay thank you to be honest I’m new to mods I just know I want it to be lower then it is and I want something that’ll be worth it , and bags are definitely out of the budget 😅

Look through the Member Car Journal forum and see what looks good to you. In their initial post (if it's kept up to date) they should have listed what suspension their running. You'll get an idea of what amount of drop you want.

Ecapskcab

Ready to race!
Car(s)
15 Mk7 GTI
between 500- 1500
I have the ST X Coilover set. If I could do it again I would purchase the ST XA so I could adjust the camber. Otherwise, ST X runs pretty well no rubbing (Michelin PS4S) with 18" Austins and stock tire size.

For a while, I ran 235/40/18 and rubbed on every bump (Michelin AS3+) (never did the fender screw mod). I also run mine pretty maxed out on drop for "aesthetics". I have recently entertained the idea of raising it up a bit and adding wheel spacers front (10) and rear (15). It would give a little more poke without being flush.

Desslok

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Rabbit
between 500- 1500
You could swap springs for $200-$300 plus labor. But that will get you anywhere from 0.5" to 1.6", depending on brand. Stock shocks and struts will deteriorate faster than normal.
You could add shocks/struts designed for lowering springs, which will cost more than $500.
You could add coilovers to get slightly closer to your desired ride height, but those will cost more than $1000.
camber plates may be needed if you want to go low, with flush spacers or aftermarket wheels. There's another $300 or more.

It ain't cheap, that's for sure. There will be compromises in ride quality.

Gvazquez

Go Kart Champion
between 500- 1500
I would choose either BC racing coilovers or broadway statics. Promise you wont be disappointed with either