GOLFMKV

Upgraded Spec - MY16 Golf GTD/GTI Models

vwman

Go Kart Champion
Now to include these previous options as standard in UK:

Discover Sat Nav £750.
Winter Pack £400.
Keyless entry £365.

All units built from week 22 ( starting 25 May 2015).

Will go some way towards the recent price hike on these models if this is accurate this time round.

Edit: Configurator shows Discover Sat Nav as standard on GTD but not on the GTI confusion still reigns ...

Last edited:

benmartingolf

Passed Driver's Ed
VW UK don't even know whats happening!!!! confused.com

Boyfrom64

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks for posting vwman. I have just checked the build configurator to see how my own configuration stacks up now and yes it is effected by the changes.

As my company is yet to place the order for my car it looks like I will be having a conversation with my sales guy about the price of the car I have asked him to quote on.

vwman

Go Kart Champion
You don't get any of the above as standard on a uk gtd/gti.

Thats correct but its changed again with these options now becoming standard for MY16 builds.
Apparently orders already in the system will have these automatically added.

Thedonkeycentrehalf

Passed Driver's Ed
I looked at a GTD before deciding to go with a GT. Part of my reasoning was that I wanted the Nav (and also to replace the horrible tartan seats with leather) and the extra costs put the GTD too far out of my budget.

These changes might have made reconsider.

mcmaddy

Ready to race!
I looked at a GTD before deciding to go with a GT. Part of my reasoning was that I wanted the Nav (and also to replace the horrible tartan seats with leather) and the extra costs put the GTD too far out of my budget.

These changes might have made reconsider.

You get way more standard spec on a gtd over a gt and the vw plaid/tartan is what getting a gti or gtd is all about. If you specced everything over and above a gt to gtd spec the gtd is cheaper and gets a better power plant.

mcmaddy

Ready to race!
I still wouldn't hold your breath on the website configurator being correct. Vw haven't had it right since the 7 gtd and gti and r have been launched. My advice would be to check and then double check before ordering.

James75

Go Kart Champion
Personally I think the GTD offers for greater value than a GT - you nay not want the GTD because it doesn't suit your needs but if you are choosing between the two as I was, then I just think the GTD is something really special.

James

Brinkmen

VW NUT!
Car(s)
2015 Golf R
Personally I think the GTD offers for greater value than a GT - you nay not want the GTD because it doesn't suit your needs but if you are choosing between the two as I was, then I just think the GTD is something really special.

James

I'd probably own a GTD if they had it here and wouldn't have bought my R. Lots of power AND MPG. Now for a Diesel AWD RD.