GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Upgraded Brake Calipers from Performance Pack

VDubber1

Ready to race!
Does anyone know how easy it'll be to upgrade the brakes on my standard MK7 GTi to those from the performance pack...and where I would get them from?

I didn't opt for the performance pack when I ordered it as I don't intend to abuse it...but I do like the look of the bigger calipers though

Last edited:

VDubber1

Ready to race!
Yes I was looking for the genuine larger front and rear discs and calipers on eBay and the net but can't find anywhere I can get them. I'm gonna see my VW service manager today to see if I can get hold of them. This will probably cost me more than adding the Performance pk option at the time but as it was a replacement car I didn't want to overdo the options too much in case the whole case fell through. Definately going to go to town on the options on the next one though.

Geomets

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf mk7 GTI
It's a direct swap from the Audi TT 3.2 Quattro of 2008, front and rear. But it's going to cost you way more than the GTI PP (which includes the eLSD too). The front disks alone are 3.5kg lighter than the 345mm of the previous mk6 R. Clever decision from their part going the "light" way (21.5kg for the front disks aren't light, but better that the 25kg of the mk6 R)

kevinm1

Ready to race!
It's a direct swap from the Audi TT 3.2 Quattro of 2008, front and rear. But it's going to cost you way more than the GTI PP (which includes the eLSD too). The front disks alone are 3.5kg lighter than the 345mm of the previous mk6 R. Clever decision from their part going the "light" way (21.5kg for the front disks aren't light, but better that the 25kg of the mk6 R)

That's completely wrong! Those callipers are not used in the mk7. Sure that A3 doesnt even have the electric handbrake!

mrlapou

Ready to race!
Will 17" wheels fit over the larger brakes of the PP callipers?

mrlapou

Ready to race!
Thanks for that.
Tried a 17" A3 alloy wheel on the GTI PP.
It does fit, but clearance between the inside of the wheel and calliper housing is a mere 0.75mm. Perhaps too tight for my liking or safety.

Yes, my PP came with the (standard here) 17" Brooklyns.

kevinm1

Ready to race!
I said TT, not A3. And I said that the discs are the very same dimensions and specification of the aforementioned TT. Thanks

Yes the discs are the same but the callipers are different. Your reply implies that the callipers are the same too.

I'm not having a go at you. I just dont want the op to go out and buy the wrong callipers :)

Geomets

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf mk7 GTI
Yes the discs are the same but the callipers are different. Your reply implies that the callipers are the same too.

I'm not having a go at you. I just dont want the op to go out and buy the wrong callipers :)

Poor knowledge of English is a problem I can't overcome at this point, but I'm trying, I'm sorry...

VDubber1

Ready to race!
Im kinda thinking this would be a task better left to the next owner of this GTi to embark on...I will make a point of ticking this option the next time. More concerned on replacing the shocks of the car first as VWUK are dragging their heels on fixing this issue ?