GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

upgrade questions from new owner

jbeckr

Car(s)
2019 Golf SE manual
Hi

I just bought new 2019 Golf SE manual with driver assistance package. Really enjoy driving the car and am surprised at the acceleration from 1.4T once you get the engine at higher revs. Thinking of some upgrades and requesting any input:

1. Headlights - I definitely want to upgrade these. Have researched the Helix and Ed's products, and could buy either, but I do not want to do the install myself. Any thoughts on where to find a quality installer?
2. Stereo - if I want to sepnd $500 or so to upgrade here, what would be the best approach?
3. Advisability of APR stage 1 tune?
4. Best tire pressures for rid/handling optimization? I have 17" Pirelli's

Any help appreciated.

chillax

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
18 GTI SE plaid
If you have the 19 SE it should have the dynamic LED headlights. The aftermarket ones are intended for those with the base trim which still has crappy halogens. The stock tires suck so you could use the money you save there to buy something like the DWS06.

jbeckr

Car(s)
2019 Golf SE manual
No it has halogens. I think for 2019 LED's were not available on hatchback. Anyway, I have seen videos of installing aftermarket headlights which include removing front bumper. I don't want to do that myself. that's why i was asking.