GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Updated JB4, now have a CEL

cambs_gti

Passed Driver's Ed
Mk7.5 GTI Performance. Order of events as follows....

1) Try to update JB4 firmware - it was second hand and I had no idea how up to date it was
2) Update fails out of nowhere. EPC light comes on
3) Drive (limp) the car home - about 3 miles
4) When I get home, try to update the JB4 again. This time it succeeds.
5) First time driving the car post-update, a couple of days later, I have a CEL

Reading the codes from the JB4, I get the following:
6290 No Description Found
8A1A No Description Found
0000 No Description Found
A800 No Description Found
A800 No Description Found
0020 No Description Found

Can anybody help? The car seems to be driving fine, but this is my first CEL and I'm panicking a little. I kind of think that nothing could have possibly gone wrong, given the timeline, and it's related to the update, but I can't be sure.

The car is due for its routine service soon, at the dealers, so I'll have to take the JB4 off anyway for that.

I'm scared D:

cambs_gti

Passed Driver's Ed
I've managed to clear the codes, finally. Took a few attempts. A quick 5, 6 mile drive and the light hasn't come back...... touch wood, it's ok now

Pickleahoy

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R
Did you update while the car was running? The app tells you to turn on ignition but not run the engine, if you did then that explains the errors otherwise I dont understand why you got an EPC light during the update stage. Updates can fail due to Bluetooth communication issues/interference.

cambs_gti

Passed Driver's Ed
I don't think it was running, maybe it was at the start, before I'd finished reading the message? I believe I got the EPC light because the update failed, meaning the JB4 was without firmware and the car then couldn't communicate through it