Updated GTI Incentives 2/1/19-2/28/19

Shane_Anigans

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport DSG
Also posted in the existing thread, but just in case:

UPDATE 2/1/19: Dealer Cash increased by $1000 on 18/19 GTI

2018 GTI:

Dealer Cash: $3000 (VCI STD APR, bank/CU financing, cash purchase)
Special APR: 1.9%/60mo 2.9%/72mo 3.4%/75mo + $1000 APR Dealer Bonus
Dealer 1st Choice: +1% to Special APR, $1500 APR Dealer Bonus
Dealer 2nd Choice: +2% to Special APR, $2000 APR Dealer Bonus
Special Lease: 0.00041/36mo 49% RV 0.00091/48mo 42% RV

2019 GTI:

Dealer Cash: $2000 (VCI STD APR, bank/CU financing, cash purchase)
Special APR: 1.9%/60mo 3.4%/72mo 3.9%/75mo + $500 APR Dealer Bonus
Dealer 1st Choice: +1% to Special APR, $1000 APR Dealer Bonus
Dealer 2nd Choice: +2% to Special APR, $1500 APR Dealer Bonus
Special Lease: 0.00090/36mo 53% RV 0.00140/48mo 46% RV

Surprised to see incentives on 2019 GTI this month, but there you go. As usual, PM me if you want info on any other VW models, because I don't always get to check here as often as I'd like.

GOLF NUTT

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2019 Golf GTI
I've been on auto trader and cars.com etc. YES very unexpected that the 2019 GTI have been discounted from the get go.
Except for the Rabbit edition. I don't care for most of the exclusive paint colors except black on MR. Rabbit.

Mk_GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
Thanks for the update!

Wow, GTi's must be selling incredibly slow for VW to up the incentives that much halfway through a program term. I'm going to the Chicago Auto show this month and hopefully they'll have a show bonus cash like last year.

Just need to find a 2019 SE with Experience package, which no dealers seem to have yet.

Shane_Anigans

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport DSG
Yep, VW reported Jan 2019 GTI sales down 41% compared to Jan 2018.

January sales are down for a few companies; Toyota's off by 7% year-on-year, which isn't something that happens a lot. Consumer confidence index is down, and having half the federal gov't employees miss 2 paychecks didn't do wonders for the economy, either. We were expecting most of the industry to curtail their incentives budgets due to all the tariff nonsense, but they may not be able to do that if they want to keep selling cars.

Mk_GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
January sales are down for a few companies; Toyota's off by 7% year-on-year, which isn't something that happens a lot. Consumer confidence index is down, and having half the federal gov't employees miss 2 paychecks didn't do wonders for the economy, either. We were expecting most of the industry to curtail their incentives budgets due to all the tariff nonsense, but they may not be able to do that if they want to keep selling cars.

When new vehicle sales drop off that sharply, it’s a sign were headed for an economic recession.

Shane_Anigans

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport DSG
It's definitely one indicator, but on balance, things don't look as glum when you dig a little deeper. The vehicles that fell short of last January's sales figures are mostly the older vehicles in their lineup that are overdue for a refresh. Sienna sales are down, but so are everyone's minivan sales. Truck sales are down, but the domestics have always had that segment on lock, and they've all got brand-new designs out or on the way. Meanwhile, Corolla and Camry sales are actually up. But, there's some really good news in all of this: Prius sales dropped by half. :D

barf

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2019 GTI S DSG
Thanks for posting this information every month!
Where would I find this for the Jetta? New GLI caught my eye...