GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Update MIB2 Software and Maps?

turbovw1

Go Kart Newbie
Looking to update my MIB2 infotainment system and help fix my rear view camera not working issues (intermittent).

The car is a 2016 Volkswagen Golf R

I went to the MIB Solution site and I cant seem to find the folder to update my train version, MST2_US_VW_P0504D.

I tried the MST2_US_VW_P0635D_MU0757 but my car did not recognize any software update.

Is there an update to my current version?

Any help would be appreciated.

BikeBoy24

I see a lot of updates for MIB2 Standard. Any love for MIB2 High?

Device Part Number: 3G0035047E
Hardware: H42
Software MU Version: 0344
Software Version: H25.14.70_HIGH2_NAR
Software train version MHI2_US_VWG11_S2126_1

Raul12345

Car(s)
g
Hi all,

I'm new to the Golf platform and I own a 2016 Golf R.

I am currently trying to see if I can activate few feature of my MIB unit however I've been told that the wrong version is installed currently.

Can someone please provide some information as to what version I should be running? My unit currently has the following:

Part Number: 3Q0035864A
Installed SW train version: MST2_EU_VW_P0223D
Installed SW MU version: 0624

Mr.Scorpion

Car(s)
Golf mk7
Hi all!

Who can help me with update file for mib2, cuz on mibsolution there is an update file but size of it is 3kb and i’m thinking that something is wrong with it…

What i have
part number: 3q0035876
train: mst2_us_vw_zr_p0245t
mu version: 0245
soft version: h25.14.78_std2nav_nar

I hope that update will fix Max. start-up volume issue, it’s always stays at 0, but after restart (holding volume knob) it comes to 10 points as i choosed previously, some times it’s starts normally at 10…

On mibsolution there is file named MST2_US_VW_ZR_P0253T 0253 but all folders inside of it are empty…

Would appreciate any help

Last edited:

videoman

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi all,
I'm new to the Golf platform and I own a 2016 Golf R.

I am currently trying to see if I can activate few feature of my MIB unit however I've been told that the wrong version is installed currently.

Can someone please provide some information as to what version I should be running? My unit currently has the following:

Part Number: 3Q0035864A
Installed SW train version: MST2_EU_VW_P0223D
Installed SW MU version: 0624
anything in UK activated has to be done by vw dealer for the princely sum of £150 each last i enquired :(

Raul12345

Car(s)
g
First of all, explain what you expect by activating "few features"
Carplay, performance monitor, video in motion, off road display these are mostly it but my issue isn't about how to activate these is to see if the current software is correct as I've been told i have the wrong software installed for my unit.

Raul12345

Car(s)
g
Hi all,

anything in UK activated has to be done by vw dealer for the princely sum of £150 each last i enquired :(
that is absolute rip off there is definitely other people doing it for cheaper but I'm more curious if I have the correct software installed as some people have advised that is the wrong one for my unit which made me think how could I find which software would be correct for my unit.

misor1994

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf GTD Variant
Okay, since you have Discover media, I am afraid that video in motion will not be possible to activate due to inability of this unit to play videos. But I don't see any other obstacles. Offroad monitor can be activated just by the coding, however, carplay and performance monitor is activated by the swap code.

I am sure you will find someone in your neighborhood, but so far, you haven't noticed about the place where you stay or where you are looking for help. Your profile is not helpful, too...

Raul12345

Car(s)
g
Okay, since you have Discover media, I am afraid that video in motion will not be possible to activate due to inability of this unit to play videos. But I don't see any other obstacles. Offroad monitor can be activated just by the coding, however, carplay and performance monitor is activated by the swap code.

I am sure you will find someone in your neighborhood, but so far, you haven't noticed about the place where you stay or where you are looking for help. Your profile is not helpful, too...

I live in Ireland and I know people in my area that do it and I can also do it myself but before I do that I want to make sure I have the latest software installed and the correct one as I've been told by one VAG member that I've talked to that I have the wrong software installed so based on the information shared initially I'd like if someone can point weather he is correct and guide me which software should be installed? I will do the rest myself.

guccigolf

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
MY17 TSI Comfortline
I'm going to update my maps soon, but I've swapped out my 6.5" discover pro for the 8" glass discover media (I already had MIB2, MY17 Golf). Which maps download should I use?

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
The screen does not determine whether you have discover media or discover Pro. The easiest way to know the difference... if you have to keep navigation card inserted for maps to work then you have discover media. If your maps work with no SD card inserted then you have Discover Pro.

If all you are doing/have done is replaced your screen use the same maps you have always used.

Last edited:

guccigolf

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
MY17 TSI Comfortline
The screen does not determine whether you have discover media or discover Pro. The easiest way to know the difference... if you have to keep navigation card inserted for maps to work then you have discover media. If your maps work with no SD card inserted then you have Discover Pro.

If all you are doing/have done is replaced your screen use the same maps you have always used.
Going off this link for the map updates, my previous screen would have been a discover pro (pre-facelift era) and my new screen is a discover media (post-facelift era).

I guess the names don't really matter anyway. Are you saying I should download and install the maps for my previous screen model rather than the new model?

Thanks for your help btw, you've been replying to all my questions today 🤣

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220913-223636_Firefox.jpg
    Screenshot_20220913-223636_Firefox.jpg
    166.3 KB · Views: 63
  • Screenshot_20220913-223649_Firefox.jpg
    Screenshot_20220913-223649_Firefox.jpg
    156.1 KB · Views: 63

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Going off this link for the map updates, my previous screen would have been a discover pro (pre-facelift era) and my new screen is a discover media (post-facelift era).

I guess the names don't really matter anyway. Are you saying I should download and install the maps for my previous screen model rather than the new model?

Thanks for your help btw, you've been replying to all my questions today 🤣
No problem, haha. And correct, if you have not replaced the glove box unit then when downloading maps treat it like your car is fresh from the factory.

The reason VW is using the names on the site is because a pre-facelift car would have had the larger screen if it had Discover Pro. Then on facelift cars that larger screen became "standard" with Discover Media. So on a facelift car an even bigger screen now came with Discover Pro. VW's site is organized on the assumption that your car has what it came with, always.

guccigolf

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
MY17 TSI Comfortline
Original maps it is then! I'm on the VW discovercare app about to format an SD card, but I'm not really sure which region to choose. Would anyone know which region to select for Australian maps? I'm guessing "Multi Region Map". Not sure about the whole Media Gen2 thing, my new screen would probably be a media gen2 but my original is a discover pro gen 1?

I might just do it manually from the download page as discovercare is confusing me a bit lol.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-09-14 at 10.34.55 am.png
    Screen Shot 2022-09-14 at 10.34.55 am.png
    245.8 KB · Views: 64